• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue Casa Saso, north of Salamanca

MileHighPair

Time of past OR future Camino
Many, many Caminos, mostly past maybe some future.
We stayed at Casa Saso last night. It is about 23 km north of Salamanca, about 1 or 2 km past the infamous detour with the "con agua/sin agua" sign. About 21 Euro for bed and dinner (no other source of food, it is in the middle of nowhere). The food was great. The facilities were a bit odd. Beds in small prefab building and the toilets/showers in a separate building 20 meters from the beds. The hosts were very eager to please us with hot tea or coffee in the afternoon. The nice thing was that it divides the stretch from Salamanca to Zamora into stages of 23/26/18 if you stop in Villanueva the night before Zamora. Casa Saso seems to have about 9 beds, but we forgot to ask. Website www.casasaso.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Excellent. This will help greatly on the stages to Zamora.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hope it is open today. The website has no phone number.

Yes - found it. And now I am sitting Ina very nice room. I think I might be the only one here tonight. Bsewall - where are you today?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Excellent. Gerard just arrived. So there are only two of us. The people here are extremely nice. And we get to have supper early.

Fabulous albergue. Highly recommended. In summer there is a swimming pool. It is in the Eroski listings.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello everyone!
Thank you very much for the comments and we are very pleased that our house is your pleasure. MileHighPair thank you very much for your comment and the rest for the answers.

We invite you to Seguinos in our Facebook.com/casasaso and Instagram.com/casasaso

Buen Camino!!

Captura de pantalla 2016-04-03 a las 18.49.19.png Captura de pantalla 2015-12-30 a las 11.45.09.png Captura de pantalla 2016-04-03 a las 18.49.11.png Captura de pantalla 2016-04-03 a las 18.49.57.png Captura de pantalla 2016-04-03 a las 18.49.28.png Captura de pantalla 2016-04-03 a las 18.49.37.png

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back