• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Albergue has opened in Mataelpino

Maya Amanecer 2015

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2015, Camino de Madrid and Camino Frances, Camino Fisterra
April 2016, Camino Portugues, Camino Muxia, Little Fox House Retreat
I had planned to stay in Manzanares last night, but the nice lady working at the tourist office there told me that it was likely that I could stay in Mataelpino. It was close to 8 km further (she said 5 km), but I am glad I pushed on. The place is brand spanking new and really well-equipped with beautiful hard wood floors and two dormitories outfitted with Ikea bunk beds, pillows and down comforters. Heat and hot water never felt so great. There's also a little kitchen area with a microwave, toaster, fridge and (gracias a Dios) an Ikea coffee press. 8€ per night.

Once you come into town turn right and walk up the hill, past the church, then turn left, continuing uphill until you see a playground. Circle around the playground and you will see the Albergue Municipal Mataelpino. The contact number is on the door: 722 457558 and the host is a young man and he lives close by. I have not been feeling well and it was not a difficult decision to stay an extra night........blisters, vasculitis and sore knees. With rest and repose I will be off again tomorrow.

MA

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had planned to stay in Manzanares last night, but the nice lady working at the tourist office there told me that it was likely that I could stay in Mataelpino. It was close to 8 km further (she said 5 km), but I am glad I pushed on. The place is brand spanking new and really well-equipped with beautiful hard wood floors and two dormitories outfitted with Ikea bunk beds, pillows and down comforters. Heat and hot water never felt so great. There's also a little kitchen area with a microwave, toaster, fridge and (gracias a Dios) an Ikea coffee press. 8€ per night.

Once you come into town turn right and walk up the hill, past the church, then turn left, continuing uphill until you see a playground. Circle around the playground and you will see the Albergue Municipal Mataelpino. The contact number is on the door: 722 457558 and the host is a young man and he lives close by. I have not been feeling well and it was not a difficult decision to stay an extra night........blisters, vasculitis and sore knees. With rest and repose I will be off again tomorrow.

MA
Hola, Maya :)
That's a very good news that new albergue has opened. Although it would be a bit too much for me to walk from Tres Cantos to Mataelpino which would make about 35kms in one day. Where did you start this stage to Mataelpino? In Colmenar Viejo? If so that's very doable 23kms.
It's good for you that you pushed on because tomorrow it will be short stretch to Cercedilla (app.13kms) before longer one across Guadarrama to Segovia.
Have a nice day!

Ultreia!

Hola, Maya :)
That's a very good news that new albergue has opened. Although it would be a bit too much for me to walk from Tres Cantos to Mataelpino which would make about 35kms in one day. Where did you start this stage to Mataelpino? In Colmenar Viejo? If so that's very doable 23kms.
It's good for you that you pushed on because tomorrow it will be short stretch to Cercedilla (app.13kms) before longer one across Guadarrama to Segovia.
Have a nice day!

Ultreia!

Yes, K1! I started from Colmenar Viejo yesterday and covered 23km. And since my knee is not so happy, it will be nice to only cover the 13 km to Cercadilla tomorrow and probably on to Valsain the next day......si Dios quiere!

Maya Amanecer

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
That is great news, I remember that there was a kind of fancy spa-hotel in Mataelpino where we got some coffee, but that seems to have closed. Hoping that the day's rest has worked its magic for you.

Buen camino Maya Amanacer, hope you have good weather for the walk over Fonfria pass! Keep us posted on how it is going when you have time.

That is great news, I remember that there was a kind of fancy spa-hotel in Mataelpino where we got some coffee, but that seems to have closed. Hoping that the day's rest has worked its magic for you.

Buen camino Maya Amanacer, hope you have good weather for the walk over Fonfria pass! Keep us posted on how it is going when you have time.

Thanks for your kind wishes. And the Albergue is a real beauty!

MA

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back