Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Borres!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Now poor Herminia not only has to deal with competition in Campiello, I have learned from a friend that there is now a private albergue in Borres! Here is what she sent me:

Samblismo Albergue
6 spots, necessary to reserve

Contact Tel. +34 623 19 00 06
Email: xavialey@hotmail.com

6 beds in three rooms for two
Dinner and breakfast offered

Location -- albergue is the first house after the split between Hospitales and Pola de Allande.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Samblismo-Albergue-de-peregrinos-279280892833769/

When you stay there, let us know what it's like. I didn't see any mention of prices, so that would be useful. Buen camino, Laurie

Update — Thanks to Mettchen for correcting the email address, I have changed the J to an X.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I sent an email on Sunday and got no reply. Then checked the fb-page and saw the email as xavialey@hotmail.com - not j. Then re-send the email and got a reply within a few hours.

I dont know if they both work - but I only got a reply to the 2nd one (with x).

When I finished the Primitivo 6 weeks ago there was no hint to this albergue. I was in Borres on June 16th, crossing the hospitales on June 17th.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It's there ok, watched a video blog last night and the pilgrim stayed at this Albergue, its not in Borres but just after the bifurcacion. It's not on Gronze or Eroski yet, he used it to go the Hospitales route the next day, it is closer to the split off of the two routes than Borres.

Now poor Herminia not only has to deal with competition in Campiello, I have learned from a friend that there is now a private albergue in Borres! Here is what she sent me:

Samblismo Albergue
6 spots, necessary to reserve

Contact Tel. +34 623 19 00 06
Email: xavialey@hotmail.com

6 beds in three rooms for two
Dinner and breakfast offered

Location -- albergue is the first house after the split between Hospitales and Pola de Allande.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Samblismo-Albergue-de-peregrinos-279280892833769/

When you stay there, let us know what it's like. I didn't see any mention of prices, so that would be useful. Buen camino, Laurie

Update — Thanks to Mettchen for correcting the email address, I have changed the J to an X.

And I met the hospitalero and owner of the place when I was hopitalera in Ponferrada this past month. He seems like quite a pleasant fellow and is in the process of building an addition to his home. He wants to keep the place small but is making some improvements.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed at Samblismo on September 28 last year. It is a very small, clean hostel with a good atmosphere. There are only 6 beds.
Remember to book a bed in advance. If you can read Danish or google translate it, you can see more at www.jakobsvejen.dk on October 12, 2018.
Buen Camino
Poul Erik www.jakobsvejen.dk

We stayed there in October 2018. The hospitalera at Bodenaya called ahead and booked for us.
Small, clean, work in progress.
Donativo.
For dinner we were offered a couple of choices and the suggestion that we eat “early” (8pm if I recall correctly)
Included home made bread and an apple tart.
Breakfast was more of the same delicious bread with jam he had made while we played cards (and felt lazy!) and perfect omelettes stuffed full of cheese. Obligatory cola cao or coffee and a large selection of herbal teas.
He has a tent set up inside his storage house for “overflow”.
Very quiet bloke, certainly pleasant enough.

We stayed there in October 2018. The hospitalera at Bodenaya called ahead and booked for us.
Small, clean, work in progress.
Donativo.
For dinner we were offered a couple of choices and the suggestion that we eat “early” (8pm if I recall correctly)
Included home made bread and an apple tart.
Breakfast was more of the same delicious bread with jam he had made while we played cards (and felt lazy!) and perfect omelettes stuffed full of cheese. Obligatory cola cao or coffee and a large selection of herbal teas.
He has a tent set up inside his storage house for “overflow”.
Very quiet bloke, certainly pleasant enough.
Is there somewhere to pickup a pack lunch for the next day to cross on the Hospitales route? Or do you need to pickup something in Borres or Campiello before we arrive?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
this place has a very good reputation among the other hospitality-keepers on the Primitivo. I haven't met them personally, but Milio, our man in Grado, says the owners are "humble and good and in tune with the camino energies!"

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We are there at the moment Javier couldn’t be a better host he now has 12 places 4 rooms for 2 and 1 room for 4. It is a donitivo and he provides Bfk and Dinner. Will send more info later.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back