• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Burgos

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A 'completo' poster went up on its first day of opening

The summer wave of pilgrims not only forced us yesterday to hang a 'full' poster at 28 Fernan Gonzalez on the day of its opening, but fifty had to sleep on the floor.
The 76 beds which have been completed in the morning, forcing us move some thirty which have so far been in Parral. At 7pm we registered 150 pilgrims. Thus, 110 walkers were able to sleep in bunk beds and the rest were accommodated on mattresses in different units of the building.
"We are at the top. We hope that the situation was normal between today and tomorrow, to get moving all berths of El Parral. We always give the option to sleep on the floor so nobody is left without a roof, "explained Gregorio Martinez, president of the Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago.
Martinez acknowledges that in recent days there has been a dramatic increase in walkers and cyclists - more than 8,000 so far this year - which has exceeded forecasts. He also blamed the high number of overnight stays in the new hostel to the advertising of the opening of the new facility, which was carried by announcing ten days ago in other shelters and on the website of the association.
"We thought that it would not reach the day and has already arrived. Burgos deserved a hostel in line with what it has always been the city over time, especially in the Middle Ages, which was reputed to be the most hospitable of the Way of St. James'.
The new facility has three bedrooms with 20 beds each with their respective services, as well as a winter bedroom with floor heating. In addition, there are several multipurpose rooms in which you can install bunk beds and mattresses. The pilgrims will be able to use washing machines, dryers or sinks. There is also a dining room, internet connection and WiFi.
It also has a home for the hospitalero, a library and an exhibition hall. One of the main developments from the hostel a few shoemakers are located on the ground floor so that hikers can leave their shoes.
At 12 noon fifty walkers were waiting on the street yesterday before it opened its doors, although the first pilgrims to pass through the door, Antonio Serrano, arrived about ten. At 22.30 hours off the lights and close the facility. Pilgrims must leave the premises at 8 o'clock in the morning to proceed with the cleanup and the receipt of new people.
Councillors on Culture and Tourism, Marisol Gonzalez; Finance, Angel Ibanez, and Services, Santiago González, labourers and technicians Municipal Institute of Culture welcomed the pilgrims who premiered the property yesterday. The first to pass through the door received as a gift a book on Burgos and the Road to Santiago and the rest a guide to the city.
Marisol Gonzalez acknowledged that this was a long-awaited work and stressed its central location in the city centre.
"Pilgrims will be able to enjoy the monuments to be in the middle and not on the outskirts of the city. From this moment disappear facilities of El Parral.
Gonzalez indicated that have already solved all the problems to expand the electrical power of the building and thanked the association of Friends of the Way of Burgos who takes over the management of the building throughout the year.
Most of the hikers were impressed with the facilities, which has cost 3.6 million euros, although some criticized as obsolete screens of computers, which contrasted with the modernity of everything else.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back