Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

New albergue in Camino Aragones.

Pingüigrino

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
Eighteen monts ago a bunch of dreamers were dreaming about opening a new albergue in the Camino Aragones, in a place with no facilities for pilgrims, the tiny village of Aldunate, just between Lumbier and Izco, a donativo albergue with the same spirit than Grañon, Tosatos, Bercianos, Arres...
We had the permits to restore the old church of that place to transform it into an habitable shelter, we had the volunteers, we had some money to start with..
Then the Covid hit us like a deadly Tsunami.
But now we are returned. The first week of July a group of volunteers will start the cleanship of the church, moving away rubble, making ready the old building for renovation and transformation in that dreamed albergue.
This post is for refreshing my original post.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...pen-in-the-camino-aragones.66135/#post-816545
We keep needing the same we needed before : Your help.
How to do it?
If you read the previous post in this thread many of your questions will be answered. If not, feel free to contact me in this forum or privately, your choice.
Your house in Aldunate is borning.

Buen Camino to you all honest people .

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Pingüigrino,

I think you’re going to find that for many of us in the US, for some ridiculous reason that I have never understood, doing a bank transfer is very expensive, around $40 US. Are there other options for donating?

Am I right that the albergue will be on the variant through the Foz de Lumbier? I don’t know how, but my walking pal and I never knew about the alternative and totally missed it when we walked the Aragonés. :( But I did love the Aragonés!

It looks like a wonderful project, buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Pingüigrino,

I think you’re going to find that for many of us in the US, for some ridiculous reason that I have never understood, doing a bank transfer is very expensive, around $40 US. Are there other options for donating?

Am I right that the albergue will be on the variant through the Foz de Lumbier? I don’t know how, but my walking pal and I never knew about the alternative and totally missed it when we walked the Aragonés. :( But I did love the Aragonés!

It looks like a wonderful project, buen camino, Laurie
I have used the app Transferwise many times to transfer money to my daughter in Spain. Their fees are much lower than doing a transfer through your bank.

John Saxon

So excited to hear this. I'll be walking the Aragones in September including the "detour" through the Foz de Lumbier. I assume, though, that the new albergue will not be open by then.

Pingüigrino

Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
So excited to hear this. I'll be walking the Aragones in September including the "detour" through the Foz de Lumbier. I assume, though, that the new albergue will not be open by then.
No, it not will be open that soon.
We can start the works, but like Napoleon said, we need three more things:
Money, money and money. 💶💷💵

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads