• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Castrojeriz

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
http://elcorreodeburgos.com/noticia...su-oferta-al-peregrino-con-el-albergue-utreia
" A wish come true". José Antonio Medina explains the opening of the new hostel, managed with his wife Olga Ibanez, and under the name of 'Hostel Ultreia' attend to the hikers passing through Castrojeriz.
The 'official' opening will be on Saturday and 22, which will be the opening of the establishment, but these days alternating smooth placement of the last details, with the arrival of pilgrims begin to arrive in good time.
" We have made many times the road and has long wanted to settle down and share all lived in these years with those who decide to do so, which led us to think in a shelter, "he confessed Medina. Remember how in February 2011 the idea took weight and they approached the road several locations where you can shape the hostel.
After buying a house in February 2012, arrangements began construction of this new Jacobean-in which they have not hesitated to area businesses, to create a single space.
"But cozy, where walkers can you relax, refresh, eat something and share experiences with others," he said. Fuente, winery, ..... Add also want to give out all that can be seen in the environment, " since the hostel will have a small library that will grow slowly, and where you will find information and books on the region and the province of Burgos.
" The result is a two-storey hostel with about 120 square meters each, in which several different rooms have bunk-blocks that would accommodate thirty people-, and three rooms with double beds all of them with their own bathroom.
Likewise, Medina notes that pilgrims also provide bathrooms with shower and a small living room, "with a large wooden table where they offer homemade food and breakfast before starting off again," he said, "in addition to serving as a meeting point between them if want. " He claims that these basic provisions will also add an external source in a water piping system will be installed.
"It will allow the pilgrims to it soaked to arrive and sit a little fresh, something that especially in the summer oil is appreciated." Once the journey began, Medina confesses remaining ideas on the table, including recovering the winery available to the house. "Because there is also a winery that is in perfect condition and works, so we want to show it to visitors as the party's traditional rural work places," he said.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
http://elcorreodeburgos.com/noticia...su-oferta-al-peregrino-con-el-albergue-utreia

" He claims that these basic provisions will also add an external source in a water piping system will be installed.
"It will allow the pilgrims to it soaked to arrive and sit a little fresh, something that especially in the summer oil is appreciated." .
Great Google translation here, Sil!
I'm still trying to imagine what ' an external source in a water piping system ' might be!
Anne

:p I wondered about that too! Perhaps they have an outside spring - like the one at San Bol which isn't that far away?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It sounds odd even in Spanish...apparently, there will be some kind of outdoor sink... or fountain...it is not clear.
"sentarse un poco a la fresca" (sitting awhile under the shadow, or in a cool place) is kind of a peculiar Castilian localism...I liked it.
Felipe

Might these pipes not refer to a contemporary version of an acequia or traditional Iberian
gravity-fed irrigation channel that delivered water to a terraced landscape? The most splendid example of this is found at the patio de la Acequia in the Generalife garden within the Alhambra palace complex in Granada. If so, what dreams of watery glory might yet arise in Castrojeriz!.

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back