Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Ferreira: Albergue A Nave

Juanma

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (2015 and 2016)
Hello everyone! I'd like to inform about a new albergue that I and my two partners at Albergue Ponte Ferreira (Paloma and Isabel) have just opened a few days ago. It is also here in Ferreira, just 800m before Ponte Ferreira. It's been a tough Winter and Spring working in it, but we believe it has finally been worth it :)

It is called ALBERGUE A NAVE DE FERREIRA: it has 20 beds in communal dormitories (4 rooms, each with a full bathroom inside) and 18 more beds in 9 private, double rooms with bathroom.

It is 26km after Lugo and you have another 26km to Boente (or 21km to Melide, if you prefer). In order to get to it you should take the "via romana" route in San Romao da Retorta; if you take the other option you can get to the albergue equally, but you will walk about 2km longer and enjoy not as spectacular landscapes.
Besides, the via romana has been declared the official route by the Xunta de Galicia quite a few years ago, even if the older route is still popularly called "official camino". By late 2016 the Xunta expects to finally install the "mojones" throughout the via romana path, and definitely stop maintaining the other rout at all (well, this I believe they already did long time ago...).

Here are some pics of the first days at Albergue A Nave:

Exterior01.jpg

Exterior02.jpg

Recepcion01.jpg

Comedor02.jpg

Zona-de-estar01.jpg
Zona-de-estar02.jpg
HabitacionesComunitarias01.jpg
HabitacionesComunitarias02.jpg
HabitacionPrivada01.jpg
HabitacionPrivada03.jpg

Here are the contact details and general information:

ALBERGUE A NAVE
Ferreira (Camino Primitivo), 26km after Lugo
www.anavedeferreira.com
albergue@anavedeferreira.com
http://facebook.com/albergueanavedeferreira
Phone: + 34 982 173188 (to call between November and March, better call into Ponte Ferreira, at + 34 982 036949)
Open: 13.00h - 22.00h, April - October
Hospitaleros: Juanma & Isabel (don't care for the paella at Ponte Ferreira: Paloma remains there! ;) )

Hope you found this info interesting, and as usual, if you have any questions about the Primitivo, don't hesitate to ask! Buen Camino to you all!,

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you my friends! ;)

Laurie, of course you can reserve in Ponte Ferreira! In fact, I am waiting for that day already for months! :D Looking forward to meeting you! :) Just email me or send me a private forum message, and I'll book your bed straight away.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back