• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Albergue in Lisbon

Rodrigo Cerqueira

Time of past OR future Camino
3 French from St. Jean Pied Port, 3 Portuguese from Lisbon, 1 Portuguese from Porto, 1 Primitivo from Oviedo, 19 Lisbon - Fatima, 2 Porto - Fatima, 1 Coimbra - Fátima... Open the caminhos Nascente Fátima - Tomar, Poente Nazaré- Fátima, the north connection from Fátima to Ansião and Caminho Santiago central.
Good News for pilgrims

There is a new albergue in Lisbon, it was created by a group of Lisbon pilgrims that love the Caminho "Movimento Caminhos Peregrinos".
Its a small albergue but its very useful for pilgrims that arrive by plane in Lisbon because its close to the airport.

Address:

Rua 18 nº 16 Bairro da Encarnação, 1800-164 Lisboa
Para situações mais urgentes do Lisbon Aiport Pilgrim Hostal contacar: 00351 917580274.

http://www.caminho.com.pt/onde_ficar_e.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Since leaving Portugal on the the 10th March it has been so difficult finding accomodation the Albergue in Alpriarte was closed which forced us to walk on to Alverca everything there is so far off the Camino we went looking for the Albergue or hostel but could not find it We were not prepared to walk extra kms to find them closed and have to walk back. Our feet were so sore and it was raining we decided to go back to the train station and caught the train to Vilafranca De Xira and stayed in a lovely hostel.
All Albergues are closed but we have found pensions/ hostels. Even the Albergue in Santarém was closed today.

Since leaving Portugal on the the 10th March it has been so difficult finding accomodation the Albergue in Alpriarte was closed which forced us to walk on to Alverca everything there is so far off the Camino we went looking for the Albergue or hostel but could not find it We were not prepared to walk extra kms to find them closed and have to walk back. Our feet were so sore and it was raining we decided to go back to the train station and caught the train to Vilafranca De Xira and stayed in a lovely hostel.
All Albergues are closed but we have found pensions/ hostels. Even the Albergue in Santarém was closed today.

Dear Trude Its winter and the weather its terrible for humans but good for the earth that needs the rain... So its possible that some albergues are closed becuse there aren't almost no pilgrims doing the caminho.
My advice its for you prepare your caminho and call 2 days before to check if the albergues are open.
In Santarem there are 3 places that usually host pilgrims. Please check http://www.caminho.com.pt/onde_ficar_e.html
"Where there is a will there is a way : ) "
Bom Caminho.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Rodrigo thanks for the encouragement and advice I always walk this time of the year. Last year Via de la Plata. This one is easy walking but the hardest one I have done. I forgot to mention we got attacked by dogs about 15 mins after spending a lovely night at Quinta Da Burra, (Paula is exceptional). I think it was Quinta Das Varandas it was very scarey and my friend has a hole in his trousers and a hole in his wallet that saved him getting bitten. There was about 3 big light coloured dogs.
Then today we left Santarém when we got to the bottom the Police had closed the road and would not let us through so they sent us up this road, after walking 7 Kms to end up the other side near the train station we threw in the towel and caught the train to Tomar with about 4 other pilgrims. This one is definately testing me but tomorrow’s another day.......

Thank you so much for the great info! Lisbon needed an albergue badly!

THank you!
I'll be arriving in Lisbon by the plane...
Does this albergue sell pilgrim's passport as well? I'm planning to get in once I get to Lisbon but if I head straight to the albergue without going to the city centre, I might not have a credential.....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is a new albergue in Lisbon, it was created by a group of Lisbon pilgrims that love the Caminho "Movimento Caminhos Peregrinos".
Its a small albergue but its very useful for pilgrims that arrive by plane in Lisbon because its close to the airport.
Address:
Rua 18 nº 16 Bairro da Encarnação, 1800-164 Lisboa
Para situações mais urgentes do Lisbon Aiport Pilgrim Hostal contacar: 00351 917580274.
http://www.caminho.com.pt/onde_ficar_e.html
Hi Rodrigo! Sorry to hear about the closure of your association! Do you have any idea if this albergue in Lisbon is still operational? Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back