• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Mombuey (Sanabrés)

LTfit

Veteran Member
Read today that there is a new private albergue in Mombuey. It is quite small with only 5 bed and is located across from the church (and therefore down the street from the municipal).
It is €15.00 which includes sheets, blanket, towel and use of washer and dryer.

I've stayed in the very basic donativo municipal albergue twice but now there is also this option. If I recall there is already a Hostal.

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Read today that there is a new private albergue in Mombuey. It is quite small with only 5 bed and is located across from the church (and therefore down the street from the municipal).
It is €15.00 which includes sheets, blanket, towel and use of washer and dryer.

I've stayed in the very basic donativo municipal albergue twice but now there is also this option. If I recall there is already a Hostal.

Buen Camino!
Oh, that is a very nice news.
I was warned several times that muni in Mombuey has similar problems (bedbugs) as muni in A Gudina. Didn't tried them though.
Washer and dryer (and all the rest) for 15€ - in wet conditions I call that a bargain. And Mombuey is really lovely small town.

I think the hostal in town on the main street has closed, but there is a hotel further back on the highway before you enter town. Yes, this is great news for Mombuey! I have slept in the municipal albergue but it was a bit iff-y.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Good news indeed, Mombuey is a lovely little place but the refuge there is badly maintained, building is interesting but it's one of those spots that needs a good hospi, and a damn good airing!

Good news indeed, Mombuey is a lovely little place but the refuge there is badly maintained, building is interesting but it's one of those spots that needs a good hospi, and a damn good airing!
I seem to be the only person who likes Mombuey's barn/albergue. Admittedly I've had it to myself on each of the three times I've stayed there, and I doubt it would be much fun if full. Also never had to share it with bedbugs. The hostal at the truck stop on the edge of town was full of AVE workers the one time I asked (good food). Sadly, the interesting-looking Templar church has been tightly shut up on each of the five times I've been through.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back