• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new albergue in Moratinos!

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Time of past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
If all goes to plan, the Italian Confraternity of St. James of Brescia will open a 50-person pilgrim hostel, complete with bar and meal service, in April 2010 in Moratinos. The group purchased a big house on the main street of the town and will start overhauling the place on Jan. 15. (the two main guys are staying at The Peaceable through April.)

Tempe Cambe
Reb.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Excellent news, Rebekah!

I'm planning on stopping by The Peaceable Kingdom along my Camino just to say hello to you and your husband; during my research towards my future Camino coming up in four months time you, along Silly, Johnnie Walker among others, have been a great source of information through your comments in the Forum and also through your blog. Hopefully I should be near Moratinos near the middle of May 2010, God willing... ¡Gracias y buen Camino! :arrow:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just to update: Work began on time, and continues apace. The new Hospital San Bruno will have handicap access, bike storage, vegetarian meal options, and a nice patio. Pilgrims can borrow friendly dogs from my place.

Grayland, you can stay here if they´re not open yet.

Reb.

Thanks for the invitation Reb.
But....according to the Camino Calendar you will be starting from Roncevelles on 15 March and I will start from SJPP on 14 March. It is likely that we will be walking pretty close together.

Patrick will still be at the Peaceable, whether or not I am home, nice pilgrims are welcome. I am making a stop at home halfway through the trip... ain´t I the lucky one?

The guys in charge of the new Hospital San Bruno in Moratinos have set back the opening date to May 1, so we´ll be seeing you all!

Reb.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Any word yet on if they are open? I am planning to stop in Moratinos, either at the Albergue or to visit the Peaceable Kingdom.....probably in a week or so. Still walking slow....

San Bruno is still in progress. Peaceable is open for biz. And the long-talked-about two-star hostal now is going up on the entry to town, supposedly will open early in 2011.

Give us a call when you are coming by and we´ll make some fresh bread!
664 539 188.

Reb

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Let's see if I got this straight.... besides your place, there is an albergue opening and as well a 2-star hostal? If so, I believe you have placed Moratinos on the map, Rebekah! :?
LOVE

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
hi I am a future pilgrim hoping to start end of Aug God willing.....where is Moratino on the Frances route??? thanks :?:

Moratinos is on the meseta, almost exactly halfway between St Jean Pied de Port and Finisterre. Between Burgos and Leon, between Carrion de los Condes and Sahagun, between Terradillos and St. Nicolas del Real Camino. Peaceable is on the N120 side of town, the ochre-yellow Casa de Acogida. There are only two streets in Moratinos, so it´s hard to not find it if you want to.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Rebekah, I don't have a clue how to use the phones in Europe, not carrying a cell, but tomorrow I hope to get to either Caldadilla de la Cueza or Terradillos de Templarios, so perhaps the following day I will be stopping in Moratinos, either to visit or stay....I will PM you tomorrow with more details. Looking forward to finally meeting you!

Re: new albergue in Moratinos! When does it open?

Rebekah posted that then new refugio in Moratinos will open in April. But even on the home page of the Italian association is no hint when this albergue will open. :cry:
Jochen Schmidtke

Re: new albergue in Moratinos! When does it open?

Jochen Schmidtke said:
Rebekah posted that then new refugio in Moratinos will open in April. But even on the home page of the Italian association is no hint when this albergue will open. :cry:
Jochen Schmidtke
I went through Moratinos on 25 April and there was only a building site - I was a bit embarrassed as I had told a guy the day before that there was a new albergue opening in April (information derived from this site)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sorry about that. I´ve been away in America and haven´t kept up with postings here.

The Italian albergue project ran into serious labor problems and has shut down for the foreseeable future. Work continues on the new two-star hostal on the edge of town, they won´t open til Winter, however. If you get stuck you can always come over here to The Peaceable. I wish you´d told your friend that, too.

Reb.

Hello Rebeka,

I plan to start from Roncevalles around June 25th. Plan to take Camino one day at a time (and even more slowly now-bronchitis!) so don't know when I'll arrive in Moratinos... but should I call ahead for reservations? Do you even take them? I would love to stay at The Peaceable Kingdom-- even if I sleep in your backyard.

Anyhow, I'm recording your phone# in my journal. Please advise me to anything else you deem important for your area. Hope you are enjoying your time in the states!

Grazie~ Denise

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Rebeka,

I plan to start from Roncevalles around June 25th. Plan to take Camino one day at a time (and even more slowly now-bronchitis!) so don't know when I'll arrive in Moratinos... but should I call ahead for reservations? Do you even take them? I would love to stay at The Peaceable Kingdom-- even if I sleep in your backyard.

Anyhow, I'm recording your phone# in my journal. Please advise me to anything else you deem important for your area. Hope you are enjoying your time in the states!

Grazie~ Denise

oops- sorry for the repeated last entry! (still a tad technologically challenged!)

I will have a European phone on lend from Italy which has the country code of 0039. What is the country code for Spain for me dialing from "Italy?" Do I only need to dial your country code and then the number you gave?

Grazie~ Denise

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh, and the telephone number you have belongs to a phone that just went through the wash. It will be back soon, but just for backup write down 34 648 854 765 as well.

We aren´t a business, so we don´t do "reservations." The only people who ever sleep in the yard do it cause they want to. It is good, though, to let us know when you are coming and if you have any special dietary needs. Al so, we keep animals here, if you are allergic take precautions.

Re: New albergue in Moratinos! When will they open?

Hello.
As I understod the posting from Rebekah concerning the building site of the new italian albergue works have come to a stillstand. How is the state now in 2011?
Are there any news about the brand new Pension there?
Buen Camino
Jochen

The Hospital San Bruno pilgrim albergue (and Italian restaurant) is, as of today, OPEN!

The first pilgrim is a smiling blonde Americana from Oregon, who said it is the nicest place she´s stayed since she started in Burgos. (it pays to show up when everything is brand new!)

The Hostal Moratinos, a 2-star hostel at the entrance to town, should open in June, the owner says.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yay for Oregonians!!! :)

Hola Rebekah!

As I see from the previous post the new albergue was already opened when I've passed Moratinos on 5th June 2011. You mentioned another place also, a 2-star hostal. Is it on the entering of the village on the left, just after the cemetery and across the street of those old houses on the photo? I saw a construction site there. Is it open yet?

Regards!

Attachments

• 1004-old houses in Moratinos (Ledigos-Sahagun, 05.06.2011).jpg
    1004-old houses in Moratinos (Ledigos-Sahagun, 05.06.2011).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 582
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
KinkyOne said:
Hola Rebekah!

As I see from the previous post the new albergue was already opened when I've passed Moratinos on 5th June 2011. You mentioned another place also, a 2-star hostal. Is it on the entering of the village on the left, just after the cemetery and across the street of those old houses on the photo? I saw a construction site there. Is it open yet?

Regards!

KinkyOne,

Yes, the Hostal Moratinos is open. I stopped last November for a tea. Here is their web site >> http://www.hostalmoratinos.es/english.html.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

mspath said:
KinkyOne said:
Hola Rebekah!
Regards!
KinkyOne,
Yes, the Hostal Moratinos is open. I stopped last November for a tea. Here is their web site >> http://www.hostalmoratinos.es/english.html.
Buen Camino,
Margaret Meredith
Margaret speaks about the Hostel Moratinos.
But I think our topic ist the Albergue Moratinos
Buen Camino :D
Jochen

€149,-
Sorry Jochen and the rest, my mistake. Margaret was just nice and answered my off-topic question.
:oops:

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back