• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Albergue in Negreira

sharon w

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
We are staying in an albergue in Negreira that only opened inJune this year. It is called Carmen and is on the first floor of the Hostal Mezquita. It is spotlessly clean and has excellent facilities, except forthe fact that there is no kitchen. There is a restaurant downstairs with a cheap pilgrim dinner.
Sharon

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are 2 dormitories with 9 sets of bunks in each.
Sharon

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As I posted earlier this year also In Negreira the Cafe Bar Imperial has a VERY good and copious menu del dia. Last December it was 8 euros. Here is their link http://www.barimperial.es/cms/. The friendly barman/owner is English and his wife Spanish. As usual at lunch in winter I was the only other woman in the place, but they graciously made me feel at home.

Margaret

JohnnieWalker said:
Good news. Sharon - how many beds/dormitories are there please?
I emailed for some extra information from Carmen Lourido:
There are 17 beds. The bed price is 10 €, the breakfast ranges from 3 € (breakfast + criossant coffee or toast) and 4.50 with fresh orange juice. There are also service restaurant with menu of 9 € (1 starter + main course + dessert + drink and bread). Other facilities include laundry service, internet, wifi and tv room.
http://www.alberguenegreira.com/

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back