• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Noceda del Bierzo

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A bit more of an update with some pictures of the inside. This is a municipal albergue, and it is donativo. The town has bars, restaurants and other services.

Keys to the albergue and sello are in the bar near the albergue, shown in one of the pictures.

The tracks and the APP have not yet been changed to reflect the new routing, but Ender assures me that it is very well marked with arrows. To get to the albergue in Noceda, upon leaving Quintana de los Fuseros there is a well-marked turn to the right (the ”regular” or “old” camino continues straight ahead). About 7 km downhill. After Noceda, the route returns to the “regular” Olvidado and is also well marked.

The location opens up a bit more flexibility.

Fasgar to Igüeña is 18.5. For some that will be plenty (one of the Olvidado’s “etapas reinas” is that day over the pass to the Campo de Santiago). Others will want to walk further.

Options to go further than Igüeña are

— 7 km further to Quintana, where the CR El Caruzal rents rooms for pilgrims. That’s a 25 km day. Though the website says it’s a whole house rental, I have confirmation from the owners that they rent rooms to pilgrims. They will also prepare dinner and breakfast.

— 7 km further from Quintana to Noceda (all downhill, not too steep). That makes for a 32 km day.

I’ve attached pictures of the inside of the albergue and the bar where you get the keys.CF6E1039-4596-4402-ABAB-7FA3E8869F1E.jpegC95FAF04-450F-4794-B8E4-EADE1982D1D8.jpeg9C74880C-E49D-4C05-9330-B1A7761B0738.jpeg8BF56CAE-EB43-4123-BA8C-88FB3A3EAC56.jpeg1982BCF9-4D14-4AEF-AE22-7F9D59B672C9.jpeg

A bit more of an update with some pictures of the inside. This is a municipal albergue, and it is donativo. The town has bars, restaurants and other services.

Keys to the albergue and sello are in the bar near the albergue, shown in one of the pictures.

The tracks and the APP have not yet been changed to reflect the new routing, but Ender assures me that it is very well marked with arrows. To get to the albergue in Noceda, upon leaving Quintana de los Fuseros there is a well-marked turn to the right (the ”regular” or “old” camino continues straight ahead). About 7 km downhill. After Noceda, the route returns to the “regular” Olvidado and is also well marked.

Fasgar to Igüeña is 18.5. For some that will be plenty (one of the Olvidado’s “etapas reinas” is that day over the pass to the Campo de Santiago). Others will want to walk further.

— 7 km further to Quintana, where the CR El Caruzal rents rooms for pilgrims. That’s a 25 km day. Though the website says it’s a whole house rental, I have confirmation from the owners that they rent rooms to pilgrims. They will also prepare dinner and breakfast.

— 7 km further from Quintana to Noceda (all downhill, not too steep). That makes for a 32 km day.

I’ve attached pictures of the inside of the albergue and the bar where you get the keys.View attachment 124890View attachment 124891View attachment 124892View attachment 124893View attachment 124894
Does this mean an additional 14 km - 7 to Noceda del Bierzo

I’ve attached pictures of the inside of the albergue and the bar where you get the keys.View attachment 124890View attachment 124891View attachment 124892View attachment 124893View attachment 124894
Does this mean an additional 14 km -7 to Noceda del Bierzo, and 7 km back, or does one continue forward from Noceda to Labaniegro or even beyond. Without seeing Noceda on either app I am using, I’m having some difficulty visualizing this. I assume it is mostly road walking, which I don’t mind in the rain. I’m assuming there is an Enders Wikilocs for this but my iPhone does not agree to use Wikilocs much of the time.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ender’s guide in Spanish gives the distances. Looks like it is 4.7 km from Noceda into Labañiego.

Here is the link to the wikiloc tracks, but you have to have wikiloc’s app on your phone, I believe, to be able to follow them.

Good luck with this, and if you still have questions, I think you should just WhatsApp Ender directly.

Attachments

• C291597E-F0AA-4B4C-BF61-B40D413F2468.png
    C291597E-F0AA-4B4C-BF61-B40D413F2468.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Does this mean an additional 14 km - 7 to Noceda del Bierzo

Does this mean an additional 14 km -7 to Noceda del Bierzo, and 7 km back, or does one continue forward from Noceda to Labaniegro or even beyond. Without seeing Noceda on either app I am using, I’m having some difficulty visualizing this. I assume it is mostly road walking, which I don’t mind in the rain. I’m assuming there is an Enders Wikilocs for this but my iPhone does not agree to use Wikilocs much of the time.
Look at my guide CAMINO OLVIDADO FROM BILBOA SUMMER 2022. You go from NOCEDA directly to LABANIEGO
and then go to Losada etc.I did this with no tracks or app.
I think it is a typo of the distance to LABANIEGO of 11.8 km. This was also the distance from QUINTANA DE FUSEROS to LABANIEGO.Too much of a coincidence.I can’t remember but it’s probably half of that.Phone the Hospitaleros in my guide one day before.Cheers,Mick.

Ender’s guide in Spanish gives the distances. Looks like it is 4.7 km from Noceda into Labañiego.

Here is the link to the wikiloc tracks, but you have to have wikiloc’s app on your phone, I believe, to be able to follow them.

Good luck with this, and if you still have questions, I think you should just WhatsApp Ender directly.
Thank you Laurie and Mick. I overlooked the revised Spanish Ender’s Guide on this. So I will give it a try tomorrow as I want a very short day after the absolutely stunning Fasgar to Iguenza walk today in glorious sunny and very cool weather, frost on the grass weather. What a Camino this is!
Interesting that everyone in Fasgar and Iguenza are advocating for the variant route through Noceda del Bierzo.
And Laurie- thank you for the link to Ender’s Wikiloc. For reasons beyond my understanding, links to Wikiloc always work on my phone, whereas if I use my Wikilocs app to search for the same track, I can’t get my position to show up.
So double thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back