Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Oviedo

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks Laurie. I took a look at the pictures and it looks fine but am surprised that a bed in a dorm is 20 euros. I walked the Primitivo in 2019 and never spent close to that in an albergue. Maybe due to the decrease in capacity due to Covid restrictions?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I always used to brag to my friends (especially the younger ones) who were considering the walk that you could spend the night for around 6-10 Euros. Now, at the same time, especially with more experience (and age and pocket book) , I mostly avoided those places, enjoying more privacy and realizing there are alternatives. But those spartan but grand accommodations (comparatively), (based on my experience) were around 25-45 Euros per night last time I visited (still an amazing value if you consider a Motel 6 on a road trip in the US) . So if the privados are charging 20 Euros, um, how much for a private room in the usual family owned hotel/motel whatever they are called?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Remember this place is in the middle of the city, and there's an extra layer of taxation there.

I walk 4 Camino's and always always paid cash for all my entrance in albergues casa rural and in private rooms. In hotels I received a receipt! But!

Never ever I have received a receipt for my transactions...

I wonder were is that famous other extra level of taxes!!!

Last edited:
I always used to brag to my friends (especially the younger ones) who were considering the walk that you could spend the night for around 6-10 Euros. Now, at the same time, especially with more experience (and age and pocket book) , I mostly avoided those places, enjoying more privacy and realizing there are alternatives. But those spartan but grand accommodations (comparatively), (based on my experience) were around 25-45 Euros per night last time I visited (still an amazing value if you consider a Motel 6 on a road trip in the US) . So if the privados are charging 20 Euros, um, how much for a private room in the usual family owned hotel/motel whatever they are called?
Goto booking.com and put in your dates and places and you will find out .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back