• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stopped by this place today and it is not open yet. No signs and no one there... photos on the website looks good though.

Ivar

Where exactly is it Ivar? It looks as though its close to the hostal Pazo Agra I've stayed in, up on the hill near the University before you get to the market. I recognize the steel tables and chairs in the square!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It is here. If you get a photo up when you click the link above, you will see it with the green door with the white windows on the 1st and 2nd floor. There is a small 2-star hotel two doors to the right of it (they had no idea that this new place was going to open).

... it is on the way out of old town towards the bus station.. just before you get to the street with traffic (still in old town).

Saludos,
Ivar

I stopped by the Albergue a few minutes ago and talked to one of the owners. They are finisheng the final touches on the place right now, and they are also waiting for paperwork from the Xunta (now where have I hear this before?). It seemed like within a few weeks, a month maybe they will be open.

They have 1 room with a twin bed, and several others with bunk beds (sleeps 6 or 4 in each of those room). It looked like they were thinking of charging €12,-/bunk bed. A few euros more if you do not have a sleeping bag and if you need a towel. Visitors have access to washer and dryer + one computer with internet (don't know if they are free, maybe coin operated.).

It looks really nice, good people too.

Saludos,
Ivar

They are opening for business today at 14.00! More on this here.
cp25f02589631_236282.jpg

Prices start at €12,- per bed (6 beds per room), then a few euros more if you would like towels, a locker and so on...

Saludos,
Ivar

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ivar - can the beds be booked in advance?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The english version doesn't work yet, does it?
I can't speak Spanish, so can somenone tell me what question number 9 in theit faq means in English?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ivar said: you can book with me

I am not being paid, but I am a loyal member of this Forum. For years we have benefited from Ivar's initiative in setting up this fantastic Forum. And, each time Ivar has proposed, or been encouraged to get into the "business"...we've been right there.

So, Ivar has begun to provide a service to we Forum members...and others that may be interested, that will make our Camino a bit less worrisome.

I spent several hours following dead end leads given me by the Pilgrim office before I finally went to a travel agency who booked me into a fantastic and expensive posada...where I'm sure the price was increased to make up the booking fee.

Here is an opportunity to make life a bit easier when you arrive in Santiago, know you have a room at a reasonable rate and...know you're saying "thanks" to Ivar for all his efforts.

And...he speaks the language!

Buen my dos centavos Camino,

Arn

falcon269 said:
http://www.pousadateodomiro.com/

The price seems to have climbed to 15 Euro, but it looks very nice. You may contact Ivar for reservations.
There has been a small change since this was posted. They gave me a small % of each reservation made via my office, but it was not enough to be able to justify the work that it involves in calling-reserving-charging client (credit card fees and so on).... so I have decided not to do reservations there... I was actually loosing money on it and since I am just starting up, I need to be in the +.

Notice that prices start at 15 euro. If you want a towel, storage locker, ... it is about 20-25 per person per night. If you are two, you may get a 2-star hotel for that...

The the good thing about the place is that it is "albergue-style", meaning you are never alone. A good place if you are alone and looking for pilgrims to hang out with.

I think you can book online at their website (link above), or at the Hostel World website. http://www.hostelworld.com/

Saludos,
Ivar

€60,-
The albergue looks very nice, but...

I am paying €15/night for a basic room in the centre of town. Nice people (got a free wine and sandwhich this evening), clean place. Very basic. Small 'box' room with no windows. But, €15/night. Get keys. Bathroom with a shower that always seems to be hot. €18 for a room with a window and a very nice view. Call into Cafe Bar Campaña - very close to the cathedral, on the corner of Rua da Modeda Vella and Aciberecheria.

Towells come for free! Don't have to share your room!

On the new albergue theme...

I picked up a leaflet in Lugo last January. I say picked up, what I mean is I was in the albergue alone, got a bit bored, so went rummaging through all the cupboards and found some leaflets that had details about an albergue about to open in Santiago. Seems the albergue didn't get ready in time, so the leaflets never got distributed. Halfway between Monte de Goto and the centre - San Lazaro(?) is going to open a new purpose built albergue(????????). I stress ???????? I dunno. Just a rumour, but it looks very possible to me. Right next to the church.

Any truth, or am I just making it up?

Aaaargh...

Bed bugs! No, no, no. I thought they were supposed to stay dormant through winter.

Can I retract any recommendation I may have made? It's all a bit bonkers in this place. The bar is always empty, but very noisy. I have been relegated to a room upstairs because I smoke - fair enough if they don't want my smoke bothering other guests.

Someone tried to enter my room last night at about 3AM.

My room has just One window. An internal window opening onto the communal bathrooms! Seems I have to keep it open?

But, it is cheap. It effin well needs to be. Totally bonkers woman. And, if you do have to stay here, don't pay the husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.