• Update 2: We should be back as normal now. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new Albergue La Finca in Poblacion

margritdv

Am in this 2 month young Albergue called La Finca just about 2 km after Fromista and I am impressed. 12 individual sleeping pods/areas very well done .
upstairs with partitions and downstairs with dark curtains. Privacy...heaps of room for pack and other stuff, your own reading light and PowerPoint......
Two bathrooms, 1 with 2 individual showers ( yes hooks inside) and 1 toilet and double sinks. the second one a mirror image only this one with an extra urinoir. They will make them into male and female ones..... signs in the making.
Communal area with table and chairs and a lounge. Kitchen: free use of washing machine, there's a microwave, coffee maker and toaster.
There's a restaurant/bar as well a bit away from the Albergue on the same grounds. Nice interior and great food. Big hammocks in the garden.
wifi at the moment only in the bar/restaurant area, no pressure to buy. And wifi is in the making..
oh yes the beds come with sheets, pillows with slips and a Doonah with cover. 10 dollars per night and they offer desayuno etc .
I absolutely have no interest in this business it's just that this place has thought of a lot of things to make things more 2016
reservation 979067028
if you are interested... I took some photos

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stayed here in July. Lovely Albergue (very interesting design) & lovely garden to relax in. It was very quiet as I don't think it's in too many guide books as yet. I did think the food was only average and didn't have a great choice - but I could have just been unlucky.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back