• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue on the Camino Baztan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A girl from my 2012 Camino walked it last year. She said it was lovely but there was a bit of "bushbashing" involved and more arrows were needed. It looks like a nice alternative to the Napoleon/Valcarlos routes.

This is a route that has been on my radar for years, and I just saw that there is a new albergue. It's in a town called Lantz, and I confess to not having a clue where that is. Maybe the Camino de Baztan is becoming more popular.

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/notic...an_incorpora_cuarto_albergue_246718_1009.html
Laurie,
Lantz is located on the N121-A roughly 25 k NE of Pamplona. It is almost due west from Roncesvalles but you can not easily get from one to the other even driving.
MM

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I met two English ladies last week who walked this Camino. They loved it - but said that the accommodation options were quite limited. That said, they seemed to enjoy the eclectic range of places in which they stayed - including a night in a museum! They also liked the simplicity of their travel arrangements, as the start point was very close to Bayonne (?) airport.

I agree that it looks like an interesting option.

Thanks for the information. I just saw that the Camino Baztan is on the Eroski site, and they show that Lantz is about 5 km before Olague.

Great that there's another albergue on the route, but this article says it is one of only four now. Seems too bad that two of the four are 5 km apart from each other, since there is also one in Olague. That number, however, does seem to be contradicted by the Eroski guide, which lists albergues at many more locations. One of my 2016 possibilities for sure!

And the other good information is that there are lots of tracks for this route downloaded on wikiloc. Now if I can only get proficient at using this dang GPS. :)

Olagüe is only five km or about tree miles far from Lantz. But from Berroeta to Lantz about 12 km you walk on the wood withouth any village. You must climb the pass of Belate and for some people could be hard. I think is a good idea. Lantz is a very beutiful village.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back