A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

New albergue planned for Cabra railway station - opening November 2020

peregrina2000

Staff member
Great news! I had to do a little searching to figure out where it was, because the town didn’t sound familiar. Turns out it is on the Málaga branch of the Mozárabe. I had not seen this association web page before. It has stages, tracks, and elevation plus other info. Good resource. This camino is definitely high on my long wish list.

Bradypus

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Great news! I had to do a little searching to figure out where it was, because the town didn’t sound familiar. Turns out it is on the Málaga branch of the Mozárabe.
I walked from Malaga in February last year. I was lucky enough to walk the Via Verde on a bright sunny Sunday. Although I usually prefer solitude when I walk it was a real delight to see lots of people out enjoying the route: families with pushchairs and toddlers, couples, cyclists, dog walkers,... Very busy but fun. There is a good bar in the old station too :cool:

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
I walked from Malaga in February last year. I was lucky enough to walk the Via Verde on a bright sunny Sunday. Although I usually prefer solitude when I walk it was a real delight to see lots of people out enjoying the route: families with pushchairs and toddlers, couples, cyclists, dog walkers,... Very busy but fun. There is a good bar in the old station too :cool:
That was pretty much my experience on a sunny Sunday in the same route, the station in doña Mencía was packed with families, picnic, children playing with their new bikes... great atmosphere!
And Cabra is a large town, it definitely is worth a stop, and the station is a BEAUTIFUL place for it, with the old engine on the railway line.
It is really a pity the Camino skims Cabra, I am sure it is an atractive enough town.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock