• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue to be established in Alcalá la Real

• Thread starter Deleted member 73526
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73526

From the Andalucia Information website - The town council of Alcalá la Real has announced that it is working to adapt a shelter to accommodate pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago. This is welcome news for pilgrims, since the only options in Alcalá at the moment are hotels with pilgrim discounts (usually €25 for a single room).

Fingers crossed that it will be a good facility. The description suggests something rather spartan, like the albergue in Pinos Puente, but even that would be an improvement for pilgrims on a tight budget.

Here's the article in Spanish:

Google translation of the article follows here:

Last weekend, the IX Assembly of the Andalusian Federation of Friends of the Camino de Santiago took place in Alcalá la Real, where the Abacial Palace was the venue chosen by this entity for its assembly on Saturday afternoon.

Complementary activities were added to the event, such as a guided tour of the historic town of Alcalaíno, another to the Fortress of La Mota and a walking route, between Cequia and Puertollano, following the itinerary of the Mozárabe Road, in which some 200 people participated.

The mayor of Tourism, Juan Manuel Marchal, accompanied the attendees during the Assembly and participated in the route on foot, showing “grateful to the Jacobean Association of Jaén for the election of Alcalá la Real as the seat of his assembly and his constant efforts and I work for the route . ”

Marchal, highlighted both the dissemination and conservation of the section, “something that could be seen with the placement and replacement of more than a dozen posters installed last week by the Jacobean Association of Jaén and that contribute to better signage and guidance for pilgrims . " Likewise, he advanced that the City Council is already working on the adaptation of a shelter to accommodate the pilgrims who make the Camino de Santiago. So far this year about 400 people have already passed through the municipality following the Mozárabe Road.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That's great to hear. The infrastructure on the Mozarabe and support from the local association for the relatively small numbers that walk it are astonihing.

The albergue in Alcala la Real is listed in the November edition of the guide - published by the Almeria association. Price is €5.
Looking forward to hearing what it’s like from pilgrims who stay there.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow, great news. And I have to say that exploring the castle was wonderful, it is really interesting and well-restored. If you take a short day from Moclín, you will arrive in plenty of time to visit. I had time for a full lunch, with many hours left for afternoon castle-ing.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi folks does anyone know the status of the albergue in Dona Mancia on the Malaga/Cordoba route? I have just returned fron completing the route when I arrived in Dona Mancia I expected there would...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back