• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergues under development in Betanzos and Carral

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I believe Sigiuero was represented at this wingding, as "el regidor de Oroso" was listed in those attending -- Oroso is the county with Sigiuero as its seat. But I think there won´t be an albergue going in anytime soon, seeing as the representative is...José Manuel Mirás. Perhaps he of the namesake Hostal Miras, the only game in town for passing pilgrims?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wow, Peter. You are encyclopedic!

And no, Dierdre. This is a different hostal in a different town on a different camino. I know and love CSJ Miraz (Lugo), having been part of that project from the get-go. This place is down on the other end of the scale, methinks. I didn´t stay in Siguiero, but I´m told by those who have that this is one of the more dreary places along the camino. (I went via Ordes, and stayed at the Hostal Sta. Cruz, a roadhouse along the N522. Fabulous dinner and clean, quiet room with a pasture view: 30€ for the works. Only downside is some highway walking, but I was ready for a break from all the fiddly hill-climbing and switchbacks, and it was a good decision.)

Rebekah

Hi Rebekah,
I totally realized that after I posted it! :oops: I clear case of where one should engage brain before hitting "submit"! And perhaps notice the topic being "The Camino Ingles"???

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Rebekah

I'm glad the Ordes detour worked for you. Sigiuero really has nothing to commend it and is a frustrating 15k from Sanitiago. The Hotel Miras serves really good food but the rooms are only borderline acceptable, all with shared bathrooms and all very well worn - but ok for a last night before an early start to arrive in time for the pilgrims' mass.

John

according to those newspaper reports, pilgrims can stop at the polideportivo in Sigueiro. I've no idea what that consists of, but one of the reports described it as a 'pabellĂłn' which implies it's rather small and basic.

When I walked the CI, I had been warned off the hostal in Sigueiro and took the bus into Santiago instead ;-)

Peter - I agree with this. I stayed at the Hotel Miras once then walked into Santiago - the final etapa had very little to commend it apart from being the final etapa! Getting the bus is a real option!

John

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
according to those newspaper reports, pilgrims can stop at the polideportivo in Sigueiro. I've no idea what that consists of, but one of the reports described it as a 'pabellĂłn' which implies it's rather small and basic.

A 'pabellĂłn' is usually an indoor sports hall, most of them are about two handball courts in seize. 99% of them have showers.

Saludos,
Ivar

Let's hope they stop playing before the pilgrims settle down for the night,

But seriously although I've seen reports of this facility being available I've never heard of anyone using it - perhaps because of the proximity of Santiago.

JohnnieWalker said:
Peter - I agree with this. I stayed at the Hotel Miras once then walked into Santiago - the final etapa had very little to commend it apart from being the final etapa! Getting the bus is a real option!
well, I came back the next day to finish off. I just used Santiago for accommodation. I quite often do that. If I don't like the look of a place, I catch a bus or train somewhere else for the night, then return the next morning.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, as I can't read Spanish, I am very intrigued now - is there really going to be an albergue in Betanzos? Does any one know when-ish, we are walking the Camino Ingles this September. I was planning to get the bus out to Ferrol on the first day and then walk to the albergue in Neda, go on to Pontedeume the next day, then Betanzos, Hospital de Bruma and then taking our chances with the Hostal Miras in Sigueiro - or get the bus into town. An albergue in Betanzos would be brilliant. And thank you all for sharing and updating the information in this forum - it makes my job as designated tour leader much easier! :mrgreen:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
"Javier - could you find out please?" Johnny Walker

I'm sorry, I',m reading now what was written one week ago.

Possibly not soon, at least until next year. When I know something else, I will tell you.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

..the only problem with having an albergue in Betanzos is you might then pass up an opportunity to stay in the rooms above the Pulperia Universal! The landlord there is a character, and the rooms have the unique aroma earned by years of octopus boiling away downstairs.

What I wouldn't give for a t-shirt from that place!

(BTW, the Hostal Los Angeles listed in the books and websites is now permanently closed.)

Reb.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just back - here is an update so far on this thread - more to come:

1 Betanzos albergue construction certainly underway although there are currently a few alternatives - I have the details.

2 Hostal Miras - they stand falsely accused! :) The people at the Hotel Miras have no connection whatsoever with the politician of that name involved in these discussions.

3 A bed at the Hostal Miras continues to be 15 euros two years' in succession and the food remains excellent!

4 No one in Siguiero had heard of the possibility os pilgrims staying the polideportivo but I've now recieved an e mail with confirmation from the Ayuntamiento de Oroso that it is possible but not until after 5pm - mattresses are not supplied. I'm trying to get contact details etc.

Welcome back Johnnie.

Thanks for the new info. The way marking situation sounds a little worrying.

Ill be adding all your extra info to my csj guide - it will good to have someone to blame when I get hopelessly lost!!

Seriously though, any further information gratefully recieved as I am setting off on the Camino Ingles on 27th August.

Kind regards,

Laura

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back