• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New ALSA website

ThisIsSpain

Time of past OR future Camino
(2015)
ALSA have today launched an updated website. I live in Spain, do not drive and there is no sensible RENFE route so it's ALSA or BlaBla car. Whilst ALSA services are usually excellent, their old website was a nightmare.

BUT SO FAR it does look a big improvement with international routes (seemingly!) fully integrated.

https://www.alsa.es ...... my jury is out but it's innocent so far!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sure looks easier then the previous one, but to be honest couldn't be worse

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
ALSA have today launched an updated website. I live in Spain, do not drive and there is no sensible RENFE route so it's ALSA or BlaBla car. Whilst ALSA services are usually excellent, their old website was a nightmare.

BUT SO FAR it does look a big improvement with international routes (seemingly!) fully integrated.

Thanks for this new site. I am trying to book from Madrid to Pamplona. The best departure time for me leaves from 'Salida'? Do you happened to know where Salida is located? I don't arrive Madrid until 5pm, so debating whether to take a 1am train or overnight (?) and leave on a 10:10am (approx) train from Salida. Many thanks

Salida means "exit" in Spanish In other words ..... departs

Give me your date and I will have a look if you wish

Sure looks easier then the previous one, but to be honest couldn't be worse
Pretty much my thoughts! Shame as the services are normally reliable and reasonably priced. As with many things Spanish, the marketing lets them down!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Salida means "exit" in Spanish In other words ..... departs

Give me your date and I will have a look if you wish
How kind of you. I depart Canada Sept 21st and arrive Madrid 22nd at 17:20. Originally, I was going to be picked picked up in Pamplona on the 22nd by owners of a pension' and overnight with them, (then they drive next day to StJdP next morning). But now I'm told my flight is arriving into Madrid too late for them to come on the 22nd, so had to move the their pension overnight reservation to the 23rd, thus my option to either overnight in Madrid and take the train on the 23rd, but it would need to be a mooring train. I believe I saw a departure of approx 10am. Or, continue on to Pamplona on the 22nd, arriving 05:20 23rd. Many thanks….Magge

How kind of you. I depart Canada Sept 21st and arrive Madrid 22nd at 17:20. Originally, I was going to be picked picked up in Pamplona on the 22nd by owners of a pension' and overnight with them, (then they drive next day to StJdP next morning). But now I'm told my flight is arriving into Madrid too late for them to come on the 22nd, so had to move the their pension overnight reservation to the 23rd, thus my option to either overnight in Madrid and take the train on the 23rd, but it would need to be a mooring train. I believe I saw a departure of approx 10am. Or, continue on to Pamplona on the 22nd, arriving 05:20 23rd. Many thanks….Magge

If you look under 'Salida' you will find a station name ... in your case either Avenida de America or Madrid Barajas T4.

Its too early to get a reliable schedule. Try again within 30 days of travel.

If you were travelling next week ... there is a train leaving 1935 arrives 2240.

The ALSA schedule for 21 Sept has a bus leaving T4 at 1945 and arrives 0100.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you look under 'Salida' you will find a station name ... in your case either Avenida de America or Madrid Barajas T4.

Its too early to get a reliable schedule. Try again within 30 days of travel.

If you were travelling next week ... there is a train leaving 1935 arrives 2240.

The ALSA schedule for 21 Sept has a bus leaving T4 at 1945 and arrives 0100.
Many thanks….I'll wait a bit. Very helpful.

I disagree. The ALSA site should be accurate. No reason not to be but I would not be worrying about it yet.
There is a special offer on the Madrid Centre fare at just 16 euros It is 31,50 from the airport. I would not try to save a tenner, personally! On the next morning, there are two options from both the airport and the centre. (See attached)

Trains? The September schedule is only up until mid-September but it is showing an evening departure on most evenings. Much may change but you will have no problem getting there.

You could always try BlaBlaCar.es but nothing will be accurate on that until 2/3 days before usually

Attachments

• MadridPamplona.jpg
    MadridPamplona.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1
I disagree. The ALSA site should be accurate. No reason not to be but I would not be worrying about it yet.
There is a special offer on the Madrid Centre fare at just 16 euros It is 31,50 from the airport. I would not try to save a tenner, personally! On the next morning, there are two options from both the airport and the centre. (See attached)

Trains? The September schedule is only up until mid-September but it is showing an evening departure on most evenings. Much may change but you will have no problem getting there.

You could always try BlaBlaCar.es but nothing will be accurate on that until 2/3 days before usually

Yes the information on the ALSA site is accurate. There will be a bus 1945 21 Sept 2015 leaving from T4. However, the schedule may still change in that more buses may be added. My observation is that none of the bus schedules should be considered finalized more than 30 days in advance. Its not a rule; its just my observation.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Is it necessary to provide your Passport for booking travel in Europe? I found the ALSA website requiring my passport number and I'm not so sure I want to give it. Do they require it if you call ALSA?

So, let's do this nice and simple. Why would you not want to give it? Are you aware that it is the law of Spain that you carry photo ID on you at all times? Yes, whether you are a Spanish citizen of from Timbuktu you can be asked for it by any member of the police. I don't see your problem.

@ThisIsSpain : Thanks for the insight. That is why we post such questions on forums rather than make assumptions :)
Good info that you need to carry photo ID at all times in Spain. I hope the website is secure and safe from hacking.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'd like to think it was ....but it's ALSA and if you transposed two numbers by mistake?
Just saying, jeje

I'd like to think it was ....but it's ALSA and if you transposed two
@ThisIsSpain : Thanks for the insight. That is why we post such questions on forums rather than make assumptions :)
Good info that you need to carry photo ID at all times in Spain. I hope the website is secure and safe from hacking.
Im looking for a bus company to take me from Pamplona to Biarritz Airport on October 6th for a noon flight - wondering if you have any advice for me as most of the bus companies I have tried to not travel to there - I have even tried San Sebastian (from Pamplona) but cannot get any further - any help appreciated - thanks

numbers by mistake?
Just saying, jeje

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome to the forum, @omalley. I wish you a pleasant and fruitful stay among us.

Answering your question, Alsa has a direct bus from Pamplona to (downtown) Biarritz but it's on the afternoon so it isn't useful for you unless you were fine traveling the day before. The alternative is to take the first Alsa bus in the morning from Pamplona to San Sebastián (aka Donostia) and, once in San Sebastián, take one of the PESA buses from San Sebastián to Biarritz (they make a stop at Biarritz airport but confirm it on the PESA web or once in the ground to be fully sure).

www.alsa.es/en
www.pesa.net

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.