Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New backpack transport service on the Camino de Invierno

Time of past OR future Camino
Manuel Ángel of the Bar Mar / Casa Mar in Sobradelo has just begun a bag transport service along the Camino de Invierno. It works much like Jacotrans on the Camino Francés: call him the day before with pick up and delivery locations and include €6 per stage delivery fee. I got a multi use tag from him. I'm now looking forward to (or at least not dreading) the upcoming 30+ km stages. Tel 988 335 106.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Manuel is a genuine good guy, most helpful and obliging. I'm sure this will be welcome news for some, there are a couple of tough stages on the invierno:
the climb to Villavieja and the climb out of the valley after Belesar stand out for me..

Last edited:
Manuel Ángel of the Bar Mar / Casa Mar in Sobradelo has just begun a bag transport service along the Camino de Invierno. It works much like Jacotrans on the Camino Francés: call him the day before with pick up and delivery locations and include €6 per stage delivery fee. I got a multi use tag from him. I'm now looking forward to (or at least not dreading) the upcoming 30+ km stages. Tel 988 335 106.
Do you know if he covers the entire route? I just sent him an email and an invitation to WhatsApp. Thanks for this information.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Do you know if he covers the entire route? I just sent him an email and an invitation to WhatsApp. Thanks for this information.
Great question. And also…since it is the “Invierno” …are there dates or months he will not deliver.? Most CF transports limit delivery from March, April till the end of October?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
On Oct 10 I stayed at Bar Mar with Manuel. He could not have been more accommodating. My first two days in, I was struggling a bit with the climb to Villavieja & then to Las Medulas & walking around there & to Orellan adding a few extra K’s to the day. & the long slog into Sobradello. I asked him to get me a taxi just to take me across the continuous slog going out of Sobradello & thru A Rua & he volunteered to take me! He didn’t even want to accept the “gas money” I gave him! At that time, he never mentioned the pack transport service but I hope it turns out to be a good “side hustle “ for him.
A couple days later I called a taxi service that offered pack transport & he said he charged 25€ for one stage. Said he just didn’t have enough pilgrims at the time to be able to lower the cost. 🤷‍♀️

I used Correos in 2018, but they only worked Mon-Fri, not in the weekend.

Thanks for this post. We have been thinking about walking the Invierno, but 30Km days with packs just would not work for us. I now can think about it again, and have bookmarked this post. 🙂
🥾🎒

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for this post. We have been thinking about walking the Invierno, but 30Km days with packs just would not work for us. I now can think about it again, and have bookmarked this post. 🙂
🥾🎒
I just returned from the Invierno a week ago. I tried to plan around 20K days with maybe 3 days being 22 - 23. However, I found the distances to be longer than they were calculated to be by using the guide book. Just be prepared, but definitely do it - beautiful!

However, I found the distances to be longer than they were calculated to be by using the guide book.
I assume you are referring to the Brierley guide (which I haven’t seen) and not our crowd-sourced forum guide. In addition to the link I posted above to our 25-and-under thread, the guide has suggestions that keeps all stages under 23 except for Chantada to Rodeiro, which is about 26 (but can be broken up because there is now a stopping place between the two).

And I’m not challenging your claim, but can you point out the stages that you think are miscalculated? That would be helpful for future Invierno pilgrims. I know we had a lot of back and forth on the forum when we were calculating Quiroga to Monforte and Monforte to Chantada but I think (hope) we got it right.

Thanks and Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I assume you are referring to the Brierley guide (which I haven’t seen) and not our crowd-sourced forum guide. In addition to the link I posted above to our 25-and-under thread, the guide has suggestions that keeps all stages under 23 except for Chantada to Rodeiro, which is about 26 (but can be broken up because there is now a stopping place between the two).

And I’m not challenging your claim, but can you point out the stages that you think are miscalculated? That would be helpful for future Invierno pilgrims. I know we had a lot of back and forth on the forum when we were calculating Quiroga to Monforte and Monforte to Chantada but I think (hope) we got it right.

Thanks and Buen camino, Laurie
I used the Brierly Guide. This is getting way off topic from the original thread re pack transport, so I will stop here.

I just returned from the Invierno a week ago. I tried to plan around 20K days with maybe 3 days being 22 - 23. However, I found the distances to be longer than they were calculated to be by using the guide book. Just be prepared, but definitely do it - beautiful!
completely agree! I actually met Aida about this because I recorded all the trail on my Apple Watch and phone GPS and the kms didn't match the guide. But as she put it, we now have much accurate details to what she had in her book. Maybe in an upcoming guide it will be more up to date. >

I'll also do it this year again but with a proper GPS tracker.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back