• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Book about the Camino Frances--"The Walk of a Lifetime"

Rusty walker

Walking is traveling at the Speed of Life.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Spring 2018
Via de Francesco 2019
I'm happy to announce here my book which was released this fall, The Walk of a Lifetime: 500 Miles on the Camino de Santiago. I didn't plan on writing a book when I walked the Camino Frances--the walk and the experience was all I wanted. But a book came out of it and was my way of processing the experience, since, as we all know, the hardest part is what we do when we return to our "regular" life. In writing it, I was helped by many experienced pilgrims from this forum who read part of the manuscript and offered helpful advice. In that sense, I consider my book to have been "crowdsourced." I'm also thankful to friend Arthur Boers, who wrote the introduction and whose book inspired me over a decade ago. My book is available world-wide via Amazon, but also other online retailers have it, and I even ship signed copies to the U.S., myself. More can be found out about it here.

Attachments

• The Walk of a Lifetime frontcover lowrez.jpg
    The Walk of a Lifetime frontcover lowrez.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm happy to announce here my book which was released this fall, The Walk of a Lifetime: 500 Miles on the Camino de Santiago. I didn't plan on writing a book when I walked the Camino Frances--the walk and the experience was all I wanted. But a book came out of it and was my way of processing the experience, since, as we all know, the hardest part is what we do when we return to our "regular" life. In writing it, I was helped by many experienced pilgrims from this forum who read part of the manuscript and offered helpful advice. In that sense, I consider my book to have been "crowdsourced." I'm also thankful to friend Arthur Boers, who wrote the introduction and whose book inspired me over a decade ago. My book is available world-wide via Amazon, but also other online retailers have it, and I even ship signed copies to the U.S., myself. More can be found out about it here.
Best wishes with your new book...congratulations!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Congratulations Pilgrim!! Just purchased a copy and really looking forward to reading it! Much success to you with its publication!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Pilgrim!! Just purchased a copy and really looking forward to reading it! Much success to you with its publication!!
Jeff, glad to know you got a copy. I loved writing it and appreciate the well-wishes.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When I want to go back to the camino, I pick ur book up and I’m transported. Thx for writing it!

When I want to go back to the camino, I pick ur book up and I’m transported. Thx for writing it!
That's why I wrote it! For those who have walked and for those who want to walk, to feel like they are there...

Congrat
congratulations on your book. I to have a book about to be released on Amazon, if my editor can get off yer arse.
good luck and God bless.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Fantastic book about the true experience of the Camino! Russ wrote with much passion about his experience, and included great history of the Camino also.
We loved the book! We love Russ too! How blessed we were to meet him on the Way and spend some time with him on our journey together!

How blessed we were to meet him on the Way and spend some time with him on our journey together!
The blessing was mutual! So glad you enjoyed the story. Was almost as much fun to write as to walk.

This is another book to read on a cold winter's evening while choffing pork pies and cider.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I saw this post last week, bought the book, and read it over a couple days....very enjoyable. I have read several books on the Camino since walking the Camino Frances from St. Jean to Santiago in October 2015. After a couple chapters, I found myself looking at my Brierley guidebook to follow along on Russ's journey and remember how my walk mirrorred his so closely. Well done, sir! You have inspired me to start planning my next Camino!!

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.