• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new book of pilgrim quotations compiled from the literature

Robert France

I would like to announce the publication last week of a new book of mine that might be of interest to Confraternity members. The book is titled "Ultreia! Onward! Progress of the Pilgrim" and it includes over 200 quotations culled from over 40 modern pilgrim journals (some certainly by your favorite authors). The quotations are arranged as a walking "Book of Hours" (based on the monastic prayer coolck) to be read for encouragement and motivation during each day's activities.

The foreword was written by noted American theologian Matthew Fox from which the following is taken: "Reading this book is itself a pilgrimage. The passages take one into solitude adn quiet as well as great bliss and moments of connectedness...There is much to learn from the well-chosen and well-spaced reflections by pilgrims offered in these pages...Much wisdom emerges from the deep and simple observations of the wanderers in this book. A book such as this leads us to deep places. As does every pilgrimage."

The book is distributed by Independent Publishers Group and is presently available on Amazon and can be ordered in your local bookstores. I have just sent off copies to the Confraternity and it is possible that the title will soon be available from here as well.

Enjoy! Dr. Robert France, Harvard University

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Robert, congrats-it sounds like an interesting book, right up my alley. Is there a possibility of reading the first chapter, or portions of the book? Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back