• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Book on the Camino Norte

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A book about the Northern Way of St James. A variant on the way of St James which runs along the Cantabrian coast. Includes a description of the route and its historic buildings, plus practical information, maps, distances, hostels and lodgings, where to eat and buy provisions.
Author: Paco Nadal
Publisher: El País-Aguilar
Year of Publication: 2010
Pages: 296
Number of editions: 5
Spanish Retail price: 23.90€
ISBN: 9788403508644
Genre: Travel Season:
SPRING Year: 2011
http://www.newspanishbooks.com/book/el- ... -del-norte

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey, great news, and I think I understand that this in in Spanish??? However, maps and general directional info could be uselfu. Am I correct in assuming that this is in Spanish only. Dam, I need to learn the language. :oops:

sillydoll said:
Author: Paco Nadal
Publisher: El País-Aguilar
Year of Publication: 2010
Pages: 296
Number of editions: 5
Spanish Retail price: 23.90€
ISBN: 9788403508644
Genre: Travel Season:
SPRING Year: 2011
http://www.newspanishbooks.com/book/el- ... -del-norte

I used the 2007 edition of this book in 2009 and found it to be generally good. It is in Spanish. The maps are good. I supplemented by getting info from tourist info offices as well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for sharing Sil.

Is there any good English guide out there other than the one from CSJ?

Hi I received my copies of the CSJ Del Norte books. The Irun to Villavisiosa will be very helpful (since that is all I have at the moment) but the Pilgrim Guides to Spain #4 Los Caminos del Norte is way out of date. Written in 2004 it reflects the conditions of Del Norte then and basically it says DON'T GO! This really could be taken off the CSJ site as it really puts a pilgrim off.
So, I am gearing up my plans to leave around July 12. I will be fishing for help on this forum as time goes on. Gotta book my flight to Barcelona today.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back