• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

New book out: "Su Camino..." by Brien Crothers 1.0

No permission to download

BrienC

Author of Camino Child
Time of past OR future Camino
Past: Francés, VDLP, Norte
2022: Portuguese
I’ve just published my new book "SU CAMINO… 20 Days – 785 Kilometers – Camino de Santiago; A Whimsical Mix of Pilgrim Resources and Camino Musings"

"Su Camino…" is now available in eBook (kindle) format on Amazon.

Any and all feedback encouraged and most graciously appreciated!!!

This project, which I describe as: An introspective global journey to awareness and self-discovery catalyzed by 20 summer days walking the Camino de Santiago, “Su Camino…” is one American baby boomer’s travelogue come preparation handbook full of Camino anecdotes and advice for the contemporary walker of “The Way.”

Steeped in travels to the far corners of the world over the last two decades, “Su Camino…” is a layered mélange of: travelogue, full of anecdotes from the trail; musings on my own journey of the spirit, and preparation handbook with numerous resources for any pilgrim, thru-hiker, or adventurer.

Please find and review on Amazon at, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BA0EFBS/?tag=casaivar02-20
View media item 4459

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you rob. I'll check into it. Should be available wherever, but Amazon does some... interesting things, sometimes.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Muchas Gracias! I just downloaded it and look forward to reading it.

Thanks Rob!!! Camino books are my SSAD insomnia reading of choice. Which keeps me up even longer.... (SSAD = Summer-Seasonal Affective Disorder)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Brien, thanks so much. You have done a great job with this book. Wonderful information! I love the details on the packing list, feet, and electronics.
Buen Camino

Thank you Brien.
I was able to download it through Amazon.co.uk

Rob, go to Amazon Australia and you should be able to get it without a problem.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Seems like it's only available on the US site......
I have found at other times that going into the US link and then changing the .com to .co.uk (for UK) works so you could try amending it to your own normal suffix. Just downloaded successfully that way. Going direct to own country's site doesn't always work at first.

BrienC submitted a new resource:

New book out: "Su Camino..." by Brien Crothers - 20 Days – 785 Kilometers; A Whimsical Mix of Pilgrim Resources and Camino Musings

FREE until February 14th, 2016!

I’ve just published my new book "SU CAMINO… 20 Days – 785 Kilometers – Camino de Santiago; A Whimsical Mix of Pilgrim Resources and Camino Musings"

Su Camino… is now available in eBook format on Amazon.

This project, which I describe as: An...

Read more about this resource...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ivar asked that I re-post this new book in the Resources section. The old post will be removed.

Thanks Ivar and everyone. I think this is all straightened out now. To those that have downloaded, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the book.

Bendiciones para todos!

A great book, especially when free! The pace of his camino is breathtaking to someone who likes to amble along at 15 k per day. How can he do 35k and carry camping gear? He was often having lunch in a place where I would be stopping for the night!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
He was often having lunch in a place where I would be stopping for the night!
We often saw that; people queued up waiting for an albergue to open, while we lunched and considered our afternoon in the heat.
I hope you enjoy the book.

We often saw that; people queued up waiting for an albergue to open, while we lunched and considered our afternoon in the heat.
I hope you enjoy the book.

I have just downloaded your book, with some challenges, on my Kindle. Although I am, by preference, more a 15 k a day walker, I look forward to reading your book and getting another person's extensive view of walking the camino.

I download and read your book today. I think you are a really good writer, and thank you for sharing your experiences.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A great addition to camino books, thank you. I had a problem with my kindle at the very end when the page would not advance. Set a new location, +2, and the rest of the book came up OK, but I have bookmarked both the 'stuck' page and the advanced one - I will check the location numbers and PM you @BrienC (may be tomorrow)

€60,-
Excellent Tia. Thank you so much.

Just updated this Camino book. New version includes a few corrections and additional information.

Please enjoy with my sincere gratitude.

Cheers,

I've read this. I downloaded it and read it before I became a member here. It is very good read. I enjoyed it and will be re-reading parts of it. I love that it's an e-book and I can bookmark and make notes. But it is also very valuable because it is such a current account. Thanks for sharing your adventure. And you, BrienC, are fortunate to have such a great travel companion; you both must be in amazing shape to have accomplished the journey in such a short time!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've read this. I downloaded it and read it before I became a member here. It is very good read. I enjoyed it and will be re-reading parts of it. I love that it's an e-book and I can bookmark and make notes. But it is also very valuable because it is such a current account. Thanks for sharing your adventure. And you, BrienC, are fortunate to have such a great travel companion; you both must be in amazing shape to have accomplished the journey in such a short time!
SusieQ, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I feel so very grateful that you have enjoyed it and found it useful. In retrospect, I find it interesting that Su Camino... is entertaining as a travelogue, inspirational with life lessons and spirit guides, and useful--especially for someone such as yourself taking to the Camino for the first time.
And, yes, I'm and very lucky to know 'Karla' and to have had so many fine adventures with her. And, that my wife is okay with our friendship.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, again.

A new version of this Camino book now available. Newly edited and additional information and updates included.

Please enjoy with my sincere gratitude.

Cheers,

Announcing SU CAMINO… In Hardcopy

The paper edition of Su Camino… is now available on Amazon.com.

Su Camino… 20 Days – 785 Kilometers – Camino de Santiago

A WHIMSICAL MIX OF PILGRIM RESOURCES AND CAMINO MUSINGS

There are several options to obtain Su Camino… at Amazon.com:
  • Kindle Edition, $3.49
  • FREE to subscribers of Kindle Unlimited
  • Paper Edition, $7.95, £5.95, or €6.95
  • (FREE Shipping with Prime subscription)
All feedback graciously encouraged and appreciated.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Brien, I just finished reading "Su Camino..." and found it an interesting read. It's almost a guidebook for the speedy set :rolleyes:, not only in describing the stages you created for walking an average of 40 km per day, but also for all the "how-tos" in the latter half of the book. While on our Camino, my wife and I met a couple of young guys in Villarmentero who had walked the CF in 21 days the year before and were shooting for less than that this time. At the time, I wondered what it would be like to walk at that pace -- thanks to your book, I now have had my questions answered. Alas, I am a mere mortal, and thus must plod along at half your pace, but overall, it seems like your total experience was not far off from mine.

Ultreia!
Jim

Hi Brien, I just finished reading "Su Camino..." and found it an interesting read. It's almost a guidebook for the speedy set :rolleyes:, not only in describing the stages you created for walking an average of 40 km per day, but also for all the "how-tos" in the latter half of the book. While on our Camino, my wife and I met a couple of young guys in Villarmentero who had walked the CF in 21 days the year before and were shooting for less than that this time. At the time, I wondered what it would be like to walk at that pace -- thanks to your book, I now have had my questions answered. Alas, I am a mere mortal, and thus must plod along at half your pace, but overall, it seems like your total experience was not far off from mine.

Ultreia!
Jim

That's awesome, Jim. Thanks you for the feedback! Much appreciated. Last year I did the Via de la Plata, but at a slower pace. 33 days for the 1,000km. Also wrote about it, in a route report format. It's on Amazon too. If you would be so kind, please leave a rating on Amazon. Getting ratings and feedback is so hard. Sorry to beg ;-)

BrienC

...If you would be so kind, please leave a rating on Amazon...
Done, it should be posted as soon as the powers that be (hopefully) approve it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.