A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

New Camino Calendar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

@falcon269 has been very helpful and done a great job maintaining the original Camino Calendar. But doing it manually is very time consuming... This new forum software has an easy way to add a calendar, making it easy for each one of us to add their own camino to it. I have now activated it. Let us try it out for a few days, but I think it might work for us.

You can find it here:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/events/monthly
(There is also an "Event" link in the top menu)

I am thinking we could use this calendar for two things:

1) Those that are interested in finding someone to walk with, post your start place and date as an event... and see if others would like to join you.

2) If you are interested in organizing a Camino get-together in your area.. use this calendar to get organized.

Let's try it out and see how it goes.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
How to use the new calendar:

1. Click on "Events" in the first tool bar at the top of the page.
2. Click on "Post New Event". Name your entry. I suggest something like "Falcon269 leaving SJPdP." Or just "Falcon269" or "Colorado Meeting", since you can input additional information further down the entry form.
3. Describe as you wish. It would be a good place to put ride pool requests, blog name, and your country of origin. An entry in "Venue" seems to be required, so perhaps your camino name, or just repeat the starting point. For an event you can enter detailed location information.
4. Un-check the RSVP box unless your event is something like a club meeting and you want to collect RSVPs.
5. If you make the event a multi-day event, your entry will repeat throughout your pilgrimage, and probably will make the calendar unreadable as entries for twenty pilgrims per day are amassed for thirty three days, yielding as many as 660 entries on the 33rd day! Just your start date and finish date are probably all that is necessary.
6. Save the entry.

P

Pattii

been trying to add my Camino start date but it keeps coming up as dec 29 1969 lol not sure whata gwan...(whats going on)

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Worked perfectly for me. Thanks for all your past work Falcon. You'll love this new toy!

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
I got hard times also with iPad and Mac, using Safari. Have not tested Firefox or Chrome yet.

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
No te preocupes, Ivar.
No worries, I just tried to figure out how the new calendar works.
Maybe it's me,,,

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Entries are appearing! I realize that is a rather minor announcement, but it makes this thread a New Post and brings the Calendar to the attention of those who go to New Posts. The Calendar will work if Members enter information on it, so keep it up!!:)

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
I'm embarrassed to say I cannot get this! Could someone please help and tell me what I'm missing?
This is what I've done:
1. Select date
2. Enter event name
3. Enter message
4. Enter name under "venue"
5. Select start date
6. Select number of weeks and end date
7. Uncheck RSVP
8. Save

And like Pattii, I get Dec 29, 1969.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I'm embarrassed to say I cannot get this! Could someone please help and tell me what I'm missing?
This is what I've done:
1. Select date
2. Enter event name
3. Enter message
5. Select start date
7. Uncheck RSVP
8. Save

Are you using Safari?

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
No, Chrome

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
So... just to clarify, the steps are:

1) Go to the Calendar:
2) Click "Post New Event"
3) Fill out: "Event", "Message" (could be the same as event), "Venue" (the city you start from), "Country" (the country of that city), "Date/time" of your Camino-Start (under the map) and un-check "Enable RSVP System".
4) Click "Submit"

Does this make sense? ..let me know :)
Ivar

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Many thanks Ivar.. I think it was because I was going to the date first before posting. I don't know. In any case it works and there we are for next April!

lynne

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Falcon, I kept getting 1969 as well (a good year, btw), but I tried what Ivar suggested and it posted to April, where I wanted it.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
There is a listing for Frazer's restaurant this Saturday now. If that was your intent, it worked!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
This is what I've done:
1. Select date
2. Enter event name
3. Enter message
5. Select start date
7. Uncheck RSVP
8. Save

I can't seem to get my dates to work either?????

Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18
I see West Australian meeting on the new calendar on 20th October but no mention of Frasers,Kings Park at 9am.
Thanks Ivar and Falcon Im happy now :)

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Click on the event, and you will see full details including a map. You can RSVP, too. I did so in the negative just to make sure it worked...

jorrit2003

Camino(s) past & future
May 2000 Camino Frances
May 2005 Camino Frances
May 2011 Via de la Plata
May 2013 Via de la Plata
June 2014 Via de Francigena
Hi all,

@falcon269 has been very helpful and done a great job maintaining the original Camino Calendar. But doing it manually is very time consuming... This new forum software has an easy way to add a calendar, making it easy for each one of us to add their own camino to it. I have now activated it. Let us try it out for a few days, but I think it might work for us.

You can find it here:

1) Those that are interested in finding someone to walk with, post your start place and date as an event... and see if others would like to join you.

2) If you are interested in organizing a Camino get-together in your area.. use this calendar to get organized.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Hi,
sorry I can not find how to use the calender. I want to post my travel from Lausanne to Rome.

K

karenfromcali

Hi,
sorry I can not find how to use the calender. I want to post my travel from Lausanne to Rome.
Hi jorrit2003. Welcome to the forum!
My first question would be are you on the right calendar? When you click on calendar, the first calendar you see is the old one. Scroll to the bottom and see link for new calendar. Then try these instructions that I cut and pasted from another post.
How to use the new calendar:

1. Click on "Events" in the first tool bar at the top of the page.
2. Click on "Post New Event". Name your entry. I suggest something like "Falcon269 leaving SJPdP." Or just "Falcon269" or "Colorado Meeting", since you can input additional information further down the entry form.
3. Describe as you wish. It would be a good place to put ride pool requests, blog name, and your country of origin. An entry in "Venue" seems to be required, so perhaps your camino name, or just repeat the starting point. For an event you can enter detailed location information.
4. Un-check the RSVP box unless your event is something like a club meeting and you want to collect RSVPs.
5. If you make the event a multi-day event, your entry will repeat throughout your pilgrimage, and probably will make the calendar unreadable as entries for twenty pilgrims per day are amassed for thirty three days, yielding as many as 660 entries on the 33rd day! Just your start date and finish date are probably all that is necessary.
6. Save the entry.

Please come back to the thread if you still have a problem.
Buen camino :)

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
You will find the instructions from Karen above.

The idea of this calendar was really for pilgrims walking to Santiago... pilgrims would indicate the start date and start location, and it would be a given that they would be walking towards Santiago. So I hope you don't mind that we keep it for walkers/bikers that are traveling towards Santiago.

Thanks!
Ivar

Camino(s) past & future
my wife and I is planning to walk the camino trial in 2017
I start from SJPP Sept 1 2014 through to Finisterre...hopefully in 40 days!

Thanks Ivar!
well our goal for me and my wife is the 21st or 22 of July of 2017. we are buying things a head to go there
and practicing to walk like 10 km at times or just average walks.

Camino(s) past & future
December 2013
I am trying to enter my walk which starts on 21 march 2014 from SJPD to Santiago ending on 2 may. Please help

suekenney

A pilgrim in life.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances solo (2001).
Guided Groups Frances (2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and plans for 2014.)
Portuguese (2004).
English solo (2005).
Frances el contrario (2010)
Ivar, can I use this for a Camino conference call that is free and open to anyone?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Some, and with luck, some more.
Hi all,

You can find it here:

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Hello Ivar,

I've tried a number of times to enter my start date of 25 May 2014 from StJPDP but haven't been able to. It's probably me doing something wrong despite having the instructions to refer to. Can you help me please?

Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Some, and with luck, some more.
John, If I can help please PM me....Ed
Thanks Ed,
It seems the problem may be a combination of me using an iPad which uses Safari.

I don't get the opportunity to enter a message which is what I keep getting asked to enter when I try to submit my calendar date.

I'll keep trying different combinations of entries and see what happens.

Buen Camino.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) SJPDP-SDC
Camino Norte 2018
Pilgrims Office Volunteer 2018
Thanks Ed,
It seems the problem may be a combination of me using an iPad which uses Safari.

I don't get the opportunity to enter a message which is what I keep getting asked to enter when I try to submit my calendar date.

I'll keep trying different combinations of entries and see what happens.

Buen Camino.
Well, if all else fails, give me the data and I will put it in for you....Buena Suerta.

Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata 2010, Camino de Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo 2013, Olvidado, Invierno 2014
Good man Ed,
I can't for the life of me get it to work.

Details are: JohnMcM leaving StJPDP 25 May 2014.......................................................
Dressed as the Easter Bunny.........only kidding!
Have you tried to use Google chrome on your iPad instead of Safari?
I think it works much better.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte 2018
Good man Ed,
I can't for the life of me get it to work.

Details are: JohnMcM leaving StJPDP 25 May 2014.......................................................
Dressed as the Easter Bunny.........only kidding!
There ya go my Friend. You are on the calendar!!!! I start 3 days ahead of you but will be staying at Orrison so really only 2 days. Can you catch me?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte 2018
Hi Ed,

If you see this hat I'll be the 5 foot 10 inch person underneath it with a smile on my face and if you listen closely you'll likely hear my heart Tra-la-la-ing.

Buen Camino
I'll be looking for your hat!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
April (2014) starting in Roncesvalles
Hi all,

You can find it here:

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Hi,
I have been trying to add my start date to the Calendar but I keep getting the message that i have to add a valid message. I m working on a MAC
I followed the instructions but I don't get a calendar to click on. I have amended the dates in the correct format but keep getting the "add a valid message" everytime I try to save.
What am I doing wrong?
I go to Events
Add event
Enter the details "maggiea starting Roncesvalles. Amend the date to the 9.04.2014
Click Save.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I have been trying to add my start date to the Calendar but I keep getting the message that i have to add a valid message. I m working on a MAC
I followed the instructions but I don't get a calendar to click on. I have amended the dates in the correct format but keep getting the "add a valid message" everytime I try to save.
What am I doing wrong?
I go to Events
Add event
Enter the details "maggiea starting Roncesvalles. Amend the date to the 9.04.2014
Click Save.
Hmmm... sound like a safari issue, but it is difficult for me to know 100%. Have you tried in a different browser? For example Google Chrome:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Let me know how it goes,
Ivar

Camino(s) past & future
Mar 2010, May/Jun 2016, Sep 2011, 2012, Apr 2014, St Olav's Way 2018
Hmmm... sound like a safari issue, but it is difficult for me to know 100%. Have you tried in a different browser? For example Google Chrome:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Let me know how it goes,
Ivar
I have found that there needs to be an entry in three places for an 'event' to be accepted:

1. the entry box labelled 'event',
  2. the free text entry box below that, and
  3. the entry box labelled 'venue'.
If there is no entry in the free text box, the error message being discussed will appear. There is another error message if the venue entry box is empty.

Regards,

ArkBuilder

Camino(s) past & future
Going on my first pilgrimage 9 SEP 14
I have found that there needs to be an entry in three places for an 'event' to be accepted:

1. the entry box labelled 'event',
  2. the free text entry box below that, and
  3. the entry box labelled 'venue'.
If there is no entry in the free text box, the error message being discussed will appear. There is another error message if the venue entry box is empty.

Regards,
I fill in all boxes that are visible. Entry, Venue, Address, City/State, Zipcode, date & time but STILL get ERROR message. I don't leave anything blank except that I un-check "recur" and "enable rsvp". I do NOT have a "free text box" below Event.

Again, there is no "Free Text Entry Box" on the page that is visible for filling out.

Help! :)

http://www.facebook.com/TrekCaminoForDiabetesCure

This is a great feature to have for connecting the start of our pilgrimage.

`

I had the same problem with not publishing my event..
Could you pls add my event?

10. May - from Porto to SDC (coastal route)

thank you!

Sayumm19

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria > Finisterre (2014)
Like others, I'm having a problem using a Mac on all web browsers.
Can someone add me as traveling from Sarria to Finisterre beginning on July 31, 2014?
Thanks, in advance
Buen Camino.

Camino(s) past & future
May (2014)
April (2015)
July (2017)
I am also having trouble using my ipad. I am looking for someone arriving in Madrid on May 18th who might want to navigate to Pamplona together. Thanks!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I am also having trouble using my ipad. I am looking for someone arriving in Madrid on May 18th who might want to navigate to Pamplona together. Thanks!
Hi there,

The calendar is really for adding the day you start walking... if you are looking for traveling companion on your way to the camino, maybe you can post a question about this here?
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/traveling-to-from-the-camino.19/

What day do you start to walk? The 19th or the 20th?

Greetings,
Ivar

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
please add me to the calendar
Miss me, Ivar???:p:D:p:D;)

At least pilgrims are using it, since they must proactively enter their data. It really has become a useful tool, so I commend all those who struggle with the data entry. However, having made thousands of entries last year, I would point out to Forum Members that data entry can become a real burden to Ivar, so try not to intrude on his schedule. If you have a hardware/software incompatibility, it really is not Ivar's job to solve your problem.;)

Just sayin'...

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Miss me, Ivar???:p:D:p:D;)

At least pilgrims are using it, since they must proactively enter their data. It really has become a useful tool, so I commend all those who struggle with the data entry. However, having made thousands of entries last year, I would point out to Forum Members that data entry can become a real burden to Ivar, so try not to intrude on his schedule. If you have a hardware/software incompatibility, it really is not Ivar's job to solve your problem.;)

Just sayin'...
I have no problem doing this... but some days I have less time... but what if we all help each other out?

If someone has problems adding things to the calendar, post your departure date and location here. Then if any of us see it, and are able to add things to the calendar, they can then help this other person out.

The ideal thing would of course be that the calendar would be easier to use.. hopefully some day I will get to that..

Thanks all!
Ivar

petitewalker

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 fall), Camino Portuguese (fall 2017)
I have no problem doing this... but some days I have less time... but what if we all help each other out?

If someone has problems adding things to the calendar, post your departure date and location here. Then if any of us see it, and are able to add things to the calendar, they can then help this other person out.

The ideal thing would of course be that the calendar would be easier to use.. hopefully some day I will get to that..

Thanks all!
Ivar
Ivar
My husband and I are leaving SJPP on Sept. 12th and will make our first stop in Orisson.
Can you please post on the calendar for me?

ArkBuilder

Camino(s) past & future
Going on my first pilgrimage 9 SEP 14
Ivar
My husband and I are leaving SJPP on Sept. 12th and will make our first stop in Orisson.
Can you please post on the calendar for me?
I am leaving SJPP on 13 SEP 14 and staying at Orisson Refuge that evening.

Hope to meet you along the Camino. If you see a guy in a neon yellow baseball cap, its probably me.

Noah

www.facebook.com/TrekCaminoForDiabetesCure

krazeekuban

Coordinator Valley of the Sun Chapter/APOC
Camino(s) past & future
May/June(2012) Camino Frances. Sept/Oct Camino Frances, Santiago/Finsterre 2013. 2013 Pilgrim Office Amigo Volunteer. Oct 2014 Camino Ingles , Pilgrim Office in Santiago Vol Sep '15, Camino Portuguese Oct '15,volunteer Sept 2015 Ribadiso muni albergue
Calendar does not work on my ipad :-( Hope to see someone Oct 2 in Ferrol on the Camino Ingles!

J Willhaus

Camino(s) past & future
24 May- 14 July (2016)CF
Hospitalera, Zamora Dec 15-31, (2017), Hospitalera Grañón Dec 15-31 (2018)
Hi all,

You can find it here:

Buen Camino!
Ivar
I could see the posts of others and reply, but could not figure out how to post a new calendar event.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%