• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Camino del Norte book launching now!

cassieryle

Time of past OR future Camino
Fisterre (2017), Norte(2018), Ingles (2019)
139E5679-0470-4685-AFAD-4A0E23380812.jpegNew Camino del Norte book launching now!
Available on Amazon in paperback & Kindle

We’ve written a fairly unconventional book about the Camino del Norte that combines our real life experience with practical information about the route itself. We sincerely hope new and veteran peregrinos will get a major kick out of it and it becomes a Camino-cult-classic. It’s a bit dark at times, a bit magical and dreamy, and downright funny on top.

Back Cover:
Preparing to walk the Camino de Santiago requires more than just blister tape and trail maps.

Part memoir, part guidebook, this deeply insightful account combines with first-hand, carefully researched and practical advice for anyone considering walking even part of the Camino de Santiago’s northern route.

Numbed by trauma, Cassie Childers, former coach of the Tibetan women’s soccer team, drags husband James on the seven week, 830 kilometer journey because standing still might actually cause her to feel something. Social anxiety and personal demons lead an increasingly sleep-deprived James from one awkward interaction to another, until he is ready to throttle the next pilgrim he encounters.

Locals whisper that the intensity experienced on the Camino is ignited by the magic of ancient ley lines pulsing across the land. Will a series of disappearances and inconceivable meetings along The Way destroy their new marriage?

The Camino Provides is the ideal companion for one of the world’s most unique and accessible travel adventures, highlighting the significance of the inner journey while providing a dynamic and unconventional account of life on pilgrimage in Spain walking the ancient Camino del Norte.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
View attachment 84802New Camino del Norte book launching now!

We’ve written a fairly unconventional book about the Camino del Norte that combines our real life experience with practical information about the route itself. We sincerely hope new and veteran peregrinos will get a major kick out of it and it becomes a Camino-cult-classic. It’s a bit dark at times, a bit magical and dreamy, and downright funny on top.

Back Cover:
Preparing to walk the Camino de Santiago requires more than just blister tape and trail maps.

Part memoir, part guidebook, this deeply insightful account combines with first-hand, carefully researched and practical advice for anyone considering walking even part of the Camino de Santiago’s northern route.

Numbed by trauma, Cassie Childers, former coach of the Tibetan women’s soccer team, drags husband James on the seven week, 830 kilometer journey because standing still might actually cause her to feel something. Social anxiety and personal demons lead an increasingly sleep-deprived James from one awkward interaction to another, until he is ready to throttle the next pilgrim he encounters.

Locals whisper that the intensity experienced on the Camino is ignited by the magic of ancient ley lines pulsing across the land. Will a series of disappearances and inconceivable meetings along The Way destroy their new marriage?

The Camino Provides is the ideal companion for one of the world’s most unique and accessible travel adventures, highlighting the significance of the inner journey while providing a dynamic and unconventional account of life on pilgrimage in Spain walking the ancient Camino del Norte.
I have just downloaded your book. Can’t wait to start reading it. Thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
View attachment 84802New Camino del Norte book launching now!

Back Cover:

Hi Cassie and James, my order arrived about a week ago and I have to say that the book is a great read. The description of experiences, emotions, places and background to the journey really make this exactly as the title says "a curious guide". I haven't finished reading the book yet, but I felt the urge to say something in appreciation for this publication.

I was hoping to have done some of this route this October, but circumstances conspired against me, so reading this book has certainly compensated for not being out there on the trail.

I'm sure many who read this book will relate immediately to much of what is written, but also learn many new insights, perhaps of things we haven't yet allowed the Camino to teach us.

I wish you both every joy that life can bring and the strength and patience to overcome whatever trials might come your way.

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...
My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.