• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Camino podcast

DanfromSydney

DanfromSydney
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 (Frances); 2017 from Lourdes to Santiago
Hi pilgrims - I've just launched a weekly podcast called My Camino - the podcast

https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/my-camino-the-podcast

I'll be interviewing pilgrims from around the world each week - talking about their experiences and their journey.

I hope you follow me on Facebook, like and share with your friends and other pilgrims

https://www.facebook.com/mycaminoapodcast

And if you're interested in sharing your Camino - email me via my Facebook page

Buen Camino

Dan Mullins
Sydney, Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@DanfromSydney - you might want to correct the link address for the podcast.

I found your town sequence (from about 6:00 minutes) interesting! Perhaps you did travel in that sequence, but I somehow think you might have done it in a more natural order. I must admit that I stopped listening after that. If you are going to fix that up, it would be great if you let us know, and I will have another go at listening to the rest.

Congratulations Dan and best wishes for your podcasts.

I really liked the way you put the first podcast together - I thought it flowed very well and I'm very much looking forward to, and enjoying, your future podcasts.

BTW - did you find the Winnipegians?

Cheers - Jenny

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi pilgrims - I've just launched a weekly podcast called My Camino - the podcast

https://www.whooshkaa.com/shows/my-camino-the-podcast

I'll be interviewing pilgrims from around the world each week - talking about their experiences and their journey.

I hope you follow me on Facebook, like and share with your friends and other pilgrims

https://www.facebook.com/mycaminoapodcast

And if you're interested in sharing your Camino - email me via my Facebook page

Buen Camino

Dan Mullins
Sydney, Australia
Great podcast, Dan! Brings back wonderful memories--I was there a month before you. Your last line summed it all up...Looking forward to more. Thank you!

Hola @DanfromSydney - agree with Jenny - a great podcast and its surprising that no one has done it before (or at least no published one). One small issue - and here I may have mis-heard you; you appear to have back-tracked from Sarria to Samos, but then I think then said you walked 38 km to Portomarin. But don't worry - most pilgrims get "lost" at some point on their pilgrimage. As for the Camino calling you back - well it's Camino Fever and it calls around 75-80% of pilgrims to return and walk some other part of The Way. Thanks again. Cheers :):D;)

Hi everyone -

Since posting my response above I've given some more thought to Dan's fantastic podcast series and, like Saint Mike II, I was surprised that no one has done a Camino podcast series before (at least that I know of ...).

As some background, I had the privilege of meeting Dan at Rabanal last August when I was an hospitalera at Refugio Gaucelmo. He was so open, generous, kind and engaging to me and to others he was walking with and who he met at Gaucelmo. We were blessed to have him stay with us.

Here on the Forum we all connect in the most incredible way - we share advice, we share goodwill, we share stories, and we show a huge amount of support when it's needed by fellow Forum members in the tough times - helping those members to stay strong. The Forum is a very special place.

I believe that Dan's podcasts are a gift to us all - and the podcasts are a gift that we, as Forum members, can share, by participating in the podcasts. In the time I've been a member of the Forum, coming up to four years now, I've been touched by the generosity in spirit of so many Forum members from across the globe ... how wonderful would it be if we could HEAR the voices of Forum members in an interview with Dan? ... To put a voice to the Forum name so that, in the future, we might hear in our minds and hearts the voice of the person instead of purely reading their posts ... it would take participation in the Forum to another level. Perhaps too the Forum storytellers (you know who you are!) might read some of your Camino stories to us via the podcasts.

I have a list of Forum members who I'd love to hear 'in conversation' with Dan - that list would take ages to get through - they are the voices of Forum members from far away - in some cases from as far away from Australia as it's possible to be - I won't post that list as I wouldn't want to embarrass those people but I will say the list includes long-standing members and also members who've more recently joined. There is one name (not a Forum member as such though I haven't checked their status recently!) which I'll declare though ... IVAR ... he's at the top of the list for an interview that I'd love to hear. What an amazing interview that would be.

How about we share our Camino stories by participating in these podcasts? I, for one, would love to hear your story.

Cheers to all from Oz -
Jenny

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Congratulations Dan and best wishes for your podcasts.

I really liked the way you put the first podcast together - I thought it flowed very well and I'm very much looking forward to, and enjoying, your future podcasts.

BTW - did you find the Winnipegians?

Cheers - Jenny
Thanks Jenny - yes I did find the Winnipegians....THEY'RE PODCAST #2!!!!!

Great podcast, Dan! Brings back wonderful memories--I was there a month before you. Your last line summed it all up...Looking forward to more. Thank you!

Thanks Cowboy Joe - really appreciate it ....
Can I ask, are you from the US?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola @DanfromSydney - agree with Jenny - a great podcast and its surprising that no one has done it before (or at least no published one). One small issue - and here I may have mis-heard you; you appear to have back-tracked from Sarria to Samos, but then I think then said you walked 38 km to Portomarin. But don't worry - most pilgrims get "lost" at some point on their pilgrimage. As for the Camino calling you back - well it's Camino Fever and it calls around 75-80% of pilgrims to return and walk some other part of The Way. Thanks again. Cheers :):D;)

hey Saint Mike - thanks for the support. I was lost more than once and will no doubt be lost again!!! Stay tuned - plenty more to come. I appreciate your support and cheers to you too!!!

There are other Camino podcasts out there. I've listed to this one, and it's been featured here on the forum: https://soundcloud.com/user-939742370

Here's another one by a forum member: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/walk-this-way/id1168565376
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/walk-this-way-live-camino-podcast.44319/

And I found this one by googling http://caminoways.com/blog/podcast

Thanks Trecile - I'll have a listen. Always looking for inspiration and comparison......cheers. Dan

Thanks Jenny - yes I did find the Winnipegians....THEY'RE PODCAST #2!!!!!
Fantastic Dan! Great news! I'll let my Winnipegian friend Val know about the podcasts - particularly Podcast #2 and I'm really looking forward to listening to the lads next week.
Cheers.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Many congrats on the new podcast! I'm excited to give it a listen. I, too, am an online entrepreneur and would be happy to contribute/support the podcast (Camino Frances Sept '17). Let me know how I can help!

Many congrats on the new podcast! I'm excited to give it a listen. I, too, am an online entrepreneur and would be happy to contribute/support the podcast (Camino Frances Sept '17). Let me know how I can help!

Thanks Kbierstube!!! How exciting to be walking in September --- I may be there at that time myself!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Perhaps you can provide a working link to this one. The one behind the text in your original post gives an ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED message whenever I try to follow it.

Sorry DougFitz - I'm a bit new to all this (as you can tell!!!!) If you Google 'My Camino - the podcast' you'll find the player Whhooskka where the podcasts are hosted. We're working on getting the player embedded in the Forum's thread as I post it. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm on Facebook as well - if you search you'll find me and the podcast, friend/like/follow and you'll get alerts when the next episode is up. It will be every Tuesday night Sydney time. You can also go to the podcast app on your phone, click on search, punch in 'My Camino - the podcast' and then hit subscribe - and each week a new episode will automatically appear on your phone. It's perfect if you're a walker and want something to listen to while you pound your path back to Spain !! Buen Camino ....Dan

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.