A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Camping New camping sub-forum

peregrina2000

Staff member
As you can see, Ivar has started a new sub-forum dedicated to camping on the camino. It seems like there will be more and more interest in this option in our current covid environment.

I have moved a couple of threads to that subforum, which you can scroll through here

A couple of requests — if you know of other threads that should be moved here, you can either let us know with the “report” button, or you could PM me with the link.

And the second request — I know that there are a lot of strong opinions on this topic, and they sometimes spin out of control. There is a fine line between endorsing illegal activity and trying to help people find ways to engage in “wild camping” in Spain. I hope people will try to walk that fine line without either being too judgmental or advocating that people break the law.

Buen camino, Laurie

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017

peregrina2000

Staff member
@caminka posted a pdf on the Governmental Guidelines Albergues thread (post 86), of legal campgrounds and of albergues/places that have granted permission to camp. Noting that there was a spot nearly every stage.

Perhaps it could be reposted as a resource?

Ivar has posted the list in resources, it’s a great addition to the sub-forum. Great suggestion, @NorthernLight!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019)
As you can see, Ivar has started a new sub-forum dedicated to camping on the camino. It seems like there will be more and more interest in this option in our current covid environment.

I have moved a couple of threads to that subforum, which you can scroll through here

A couple of requests — if you know of other threads that should be moved here, you can either let us know with the “report” button, or you could PM me with the link.

And the second request — I know that there are a lot of strong opinions on this topic, and they sometimes spin out of control. There is a fine line between endorsing illegal activity and trying to help people find ways to engage in “wild camping” in Spain. I hope people will try to walk that fine line without either being too judgmental or advocating that people break the law.

Buen camino, Laurie
You are always a purveyor of good sense. Thanks

Wild Irish

Camino(s) past & future
Mixed Camino/ Francés with variants (June/July 2021)
Delighted this has been created!👏👏 I had planned to camp along the Camino this summer, but now that's not happening I can dip into this to keep me going! I love camping and would definitely prefer it to dorm sleeping, so I'm looking forward to hearing tips/ advice from anyone who's done this along any of the Caminos. Great to see the list posted above and that there are places at most stages. Thank you! 😀

Shaun-Castaneda-Rio

Shaun@Feebird-Castaneda
Camino(s) past & future
Francais 2014
I was very fortunate to have been able to buy the house in 2015 and since then have generally allowed pilgrims to put up their tents in the garden all on donation basis

I first asked my neighbours if they were OK with this and all were very supportive. I never had a problem, everyone treated the garden with respect, no rubbish left behind, no fires and I was always happy to let them use the shower / WC / for a small donation to cover the gas.

I managed last Year to get internet to the far end of the garden and build a small enclosed barbeque which was really appreciated, and a phone charging station.

When I walked I never had the oportunity to sleep outside / camp but now after spending summer evenings in the hammocks appreciate what a wonderful experience this can be.

This Year will be very different for us all and I hope soon I can offer the garden space I have and relive nights like these
IMG-20191106-WA0039.jpg

Wild Irish

Camino(s) past & future
Mixed Camino/ Francés with variants (June/July 2021)
I was very fortunate to have been able to buy the house in 2015 and since then have generally allowed pilgrims to put up their tents in the garden all on donation basis

I first asked my neighbours if they were OK with this and all were very supportive. I never had a problem, everyone treated the garden with respect, no rubbish left behind, no fires and I was always happy to let them use the shower / WC / for a small donation to cover the gas.

I managed last Year to get internet to the far end of the garden and build a small enclosed barbeque which was really appreciated, and a phone charging station.

When I walked I never had the oportunity to sleep outside / camp but now after spending summer evenings in the hammocks appreciate what a wonderful experience this can be.

This Year will be very different for us all and I hope soon I can offer the garden space I have and relive nights like these
View attachment 75644

Thanks for opening up your space to pilgrim campers, your garden looks fab! And it sounds like it's been a good experience for you too, this is the kind of experience I would love 👍😊

TaraWalks

Peregrina without a skateboard
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2016 & 2018, planning for Le Puy 2019/2020ish and for some shorter Caminos stacked

View attachment 75644
Where is your house? It sounds like a wonderful place to stay!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.8%
  • October

Votes: 156 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock