• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Cicerone; Northern Caminos?

LakeMcD

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15' Portuguese 16' GR10/Norte/Primitivo 17' Chemin LePuy 18' Salvador/Prim/Kerry Way 19'
Anyone know if there is a new one coming out for this year?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Anyone know if there is a new one coming out for this year?
The last one is publisht 23 - 08 - 2016 .

In my opinion there will be no new one this year.
When you already have a guide you can still use it , or you can use the following

www.gronze.com

Wish you well,Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A forum member who co writes the book( he has a sticky label at the top of the Norte threads) did extensive rechecking of existing routes and walked new variants, he said in a thread in the Norte topics that it would be included in the guide and published this year, he wasn't sure of the date.

Buen Camino

Last edited:
I communicated with @Dave Whitson last week and he said that it has not been published yet due to Cicerone dragging their feet. You can download the updates from his website - see here. He told me that the updated guide due some time this year will be a 'total makeover with all new maps'

Coincidentally, I have just seen this post by the author on facebook...

With regret, we need to announce that the new edition will almost certainly not be available in time for the summer pilgrimage season. This is not our choice. We are awaiting a decision from our publisher on how best to structure our guide(s) as we move forward and those deliberations have taken longer than anticipated.

We are very sorry to all pilgrims who are waiting on the new edition. We're quite eager to put a superior guidebook out there, and we think it will be worth the wait in the end, but we know people are walking now/soon and we wish we could support them better. Please message us if you have questions, or want specific guidance on any part of the routes in the book. We will also do a thorough updating of the "Updates" section of the website soon, so check there for new info to supplement the 2016 printing of the book. http://northerncaminos.com/updates.html

Thank you for your patience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi pilgrims , last year i had some spare days and i walked from Irun to Santander , so my plan for this year was to start in Bilbao and walk to Santiago in 24 days . It turned out that i can...
Hi, ive been training for my CDN in two weeks time and thought i'd get some UK coastline under my belt (Scarborough to Robin hoods Bay). I have to say i was just not prepared for the amount for...
hello We plan to walk from Irún to San Sebastián first day in Mid May and looking for feedback on how long it takes. Think we are up to it but will be our first day. Thanks for your thoughts and...
Please, am I mad to contemplate the following combo: Norte: Biarritz-Bayonne-Irun-Santander (via Bayonne to get my legs going) Santander - train to Leon San Salvador - Leon to Oviedo Primitivo -...
I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
What is the most beautiful seven day section on the Camino del Norte? I have a good friend who cannot come with me for the entire walk. She is only available for a week. I start from Irun. She...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back