• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New credential for Muxia & Finisterra

green_spork

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
Evening all,
Am currently in Santiago having just completed my first Camino Portuguese!
Am hoping to continue onto Muxia on Thursday and reach Finisterra by Sunday!
I understand I can use the same credential from the Portuguese Camino, however I do have a spare passport with me!
Can anyone confirm I then need to fill in the new credential details included starting from Santiago to validate it? Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks, Tincatinker,
I should have mentioned the credential I used on the Camino Portuguese, is all but full, it only has the 1 blank page left at the back, next to the map sections!
Don't think it has enough space for 2 stamps per stage!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The Galician Tourist Office at Rua do Vilar 30-32 will provide you with, and stamp, a Fisterra specific Credencial if you would like one. And a detailed list of accommodation and services along the route.

Happy sello hunting...

Edited for accuracy :0)

Last edited:
You don't need a credencial for many of the albergues on that route as they are open to anyone.

To get the certificates in Fistarra and Muxia you need 1 stamp a day.

You can also use your old credencial, or walk into the Galician tourism office in Santiago and get the flyer they have for this route; it has a spot to collect a stamp a day. Those flyers are also found in many hotels and albergues.

Thanks for all the info, guys!
I did pop into the same tourist office this morning. They sent me to the pilgrims credencial office! They gave me a fold out fistarra/muxia map guide + some accommodation/transport info! I take it this is the Fisterra credential, Tincatinker was referring to?
If this acceptable, I may well just use it!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
View attachment 35931 View attachment 35932 I got this Fisterra/Muxía credential from the Pilgrim House

Yes, I was going to say that at Pilgrim House (address below) we have these nice Finisterre/ Muxia credentials, as well as a little booklet of restaurants and accommodations along the way, to give out to pilgrims. These are provided courtesy of SOLPOR, the association of businesses along the route.

Thanks @trecile for posting your photos! :)

Buen Camino @green_spork !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nice, decided just to use my current credential!
I never saw this style offered anywhere?
I stayed in the "Last Stamp" hostel.
All they offered me was a simple A3 map guide!
Same with the Pilgrims House, they gave me a booklet style guide, with a tear off parchment type credential, with maps and stage info?
The pilgrims house office is the one across from where you collect the compestella, right?

The pilgrims house office is the one across from where you collect the compestella, right?
No, two,different parts of town. Pilgrim House is on rua Nova, one of the small streets with all the restaurants and tourist shops that run parallel to each other and end at the cathedral. The place to pick up the Compostela is down the steps by the parador, and down the street to your right, and then to your left.

I see, I will have a look when I return to Santiago on Monday! The tourist office directed me back to the main building, were you collect the compestella!
They never mentioned anything about the alternative version. Rua nova is actually just after the tourist office I visited?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I see, I will have a look when I return to Santiago on Monday! The tourist office directed me back to the main building, were you collect the compestella!
They never mentioned anything about the alternative version. Rua nova is actually just after the tourist office I visited?
Yes, one or two streets up the hill.

Nice, decided just to use my current credential!
I never saw this style offered anywhere?
I stayed in the "Last Stamp" hostel.
All they offered me was a simple A3 map guide!
Same with the Pilgrims House, they gave me a booklet style guide, with a tear off parchment type credential, with maps and stage info?
Yes, last year that is what I got too. This must be a new credential. I still had spaces in my original credential, so I got stamps in both.

Just a update, on the new credential!
I managed to get one from the little tourist hut, just as you enter Negreira!
They actually offered me the older style, that I already had! I spotted the new credential in the back!
It is very nice, however the spaces for stamps correspond with a specific location/picture! If you're not taking that exact route then I think you're as well the standard credential!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you walk to Muxia from Fisterra and you want a certificate, make sure you get a stamp from Lires on the way.

Yeah, thanks domigee!
I understand Lires is quite a small place, do most bars/cafes have sellos?
I usually head for the tourist info, as they are guaranteed to have one!

Yeah, thanks domigee!

There is only one bar I think, large and you can't miss it. It was raining hard when I stopped there, I didn't look around much. They do have a sello.
:)

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yeah, thanks domigee!
Lires has one bar/albergue and it does have a stamp. There are also a few pensiones/casa rurales. They will mostly certainly each have a stamp, even if it's just one with name and address, nothing pretty or witty.

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back