Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

New Credential for this year

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

GALICIA
Special credential Camino de Santiago to mark the Year of Faith
EP ABCENGALICIA / SANTIAGO
Day 24/1/2013 - 11:50 a.m.
The Pilgrim Office publishes a shot with the image of a figure on the facade of the Cathedral Azabachería

ABC
The Pilgrim's reception office of the Cathedral of Santiago has made ​​a special roll credentials for the Way to celebrate the 2013 Year of Faith , called by Pope Benedict XVI.

As reported by the Pilgrim Office, presented credentials on its cover a picture of Faith, figure on the facade of the Cathedral Azabachería .

Credentials can be picked up at the Santiago Guilds, Associations of Friends of the Way, Parishes and archbishoprics, which are responsible for request from the Office of the Pilgrim.
http://www.abc.es/local-galicia/2013012 ... 41137.html

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Do we know if the old ones are still valid / recognized? I have a couple of them and wanted to use them for this year's pilgrimage, SY

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
JohnnieWalker said:
SYates said:
Do we know if the old ones are still valid / recognized? I have a couple of them and wanted to use them for this year's pilgrimage, SY

Yes - ALL other approved credenciales are still valid.

Thanks for the quick answer! SY

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
D

Deleted member 3000

From the Cathedral Facebook page:

Attachments

• credencial-ano-da-fe.jpg
    credencial-ano-da-fe.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 859
Past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
I would like to walk this year with the new credencial. Any ideas where I can get it in advance?
I am starting in Somport and don't want to wait in case I can't get it at the start.
Thanks in advance
Heather

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Heather

These credenciales are being issued for this year only and all other credenciales are still valid. hey are supplied by the Pilgrims' Office to associations, churches and albergues in Spain and many other parts of Europe. The Pilgrims' Office is only now fulfilling orders with the new credenciales so it may be best if you wait until nearer the time of your departure. To get one in advance you could ask here:
http://peterbros-pilgrimcredentials.blogspot.com

John

Abbeydore

Veteran Member
falcon269 said:
From the Cathedral Facebook page:

Looks like they had you in mind Tom,

Chalice in one hand pole in other :wink: (in the sitting position), even the muti-functioning, easy-on, easy-off anorak.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads