A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

New forum e-mail address

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
The e-mail address that is used to mail out reminders in the forum has changed today. You will now see e-mails from ivar at pilgrimage-to-santiago. com instead of my old gmail address.

This is done to try and make our Yahoo-mail users happy again, since they have not been receiving e-mail reminders from the forum in a while.

If you are having problems receiving e-mails from the forum after today, make sure that e-mails from ivar at pilgrimage-to-santiago. com does not end up in your spam folder. If it does, just select it and mark it as "not spam".

Any other problems, please let me know.

Saludos,
Ivar

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Dale just figured this out. If you send an e-mail form your Yahoo address to the forum e-mail address (the one above) it will automatically add it to your Yahoo address book.... and then you will start to receive e-mails from the forum.

Saludos,
Ivar

alipilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2005), Frances (2007), Madrid/Frances (2011), 1/2 VdP (2012),
Hi Ivar,

I'm one of those Yahoo users - I've added your address to my Contact list but have never received an email from you/the group, is it still a problem for Yahoo users?

thanks, Allison

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hi Allison,

Hmm... for example you should receive an e-,mail from the forum when someone posts a reply to a post that you have participated in (like this one).

It is possible to turn off all e-mails from the forum from the user control panel (UCP) here:
ucp.php

... but this is turned on by default.

Are you sure it does not end up in the spam folder and that you need to tell Yahoo mail that "this is not spam"?

If you still do not receive e-mails I would need to investigate some more... Let me know how it goes.

Saludos,
Ivar

alipilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Ivar,

I've checked my Spam folder and nothing at all from the Forum, and I've checked 'yes' to all the options re: emails in my Profile... ???

alipilgrim

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
Under "Board Preferences" in your user control panel there is a tab "Edit Posting Defaults". To notify upon replies the last one needs to be Yes.

Enable BBCode by default:
Yes No
Enable smilies by default:
Yes No
Attach my signature by default:
Yes No
Notify me upon replies by default:
Yes No

I am on Yahoo and the system works OK for me

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
alipilgrim said:
Hi Ivar,

I'm one of those Yahoo users - I've added your address to my Contact list but have never received an email from you/the group, is it still a problem for Yahoo users?
Hmm.... and the address you added to your address book is:ivar@pilgrimage-to-santiago.com right? (We changed the address not too long ago...) I guess you did since it is mentioned earlier in this thread... but thought I would mention it.

...hmmm.. I need to think about this one... :?
Ivar

alipilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you William, that was the only button that was checked 'no', I've switched it to yes and let's see if that works!

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 68 16.8%
  • May

Votes: 107 26.5%
  • June