A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

New Forum Features

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

This morning I have updated the forum software, the photo plugin and the Resource plugin. Please let me know if you see anything "strange" after the update.

Most of the updates are "behind the scenes", but there are some new things relevant to mods. It is not really important that you know about this, but I thought I would notify in case this comes up.

Two-step Verification on login
Not sure if you know what this is, but this can now be activated on the forum. We have had a SSL connection (secure connection) for a while now, but this just now adds more security to your user account. By default this is "off", so only those interested can activate it here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/
(Look for "Two step Verification" in the left menu, towards the bottom)
Direct link here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/two-step

Password Recovery
The "Recover Password" process has changed and has now become easier to use.

Please let me know if you see anything strange or something not working, please reply to this thread with as much details on the problem as you can give me.

Thanks!
Ivar

Last edited:

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
Ivar, I tried twice - entering my regular password, but received an error both times regarding verification. I assume it is an all alpha code, but no luck. movinmaggie

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Ivar, I tried twice - entering my regular password, but received an error both times regarding verification. I assume it is an all alpha code, but no luck. movinmaggie
Are you sure the password you enter was correct? (Try to log out, then log in again with that password). This is not something that you have to do, it just protects your account a bit more... It is optional.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ivar I'm sure it must be me, I received the confirmation code but when I go to the link, it takes me into the site immediately. Nothing is asking for the verification code. Sorry to be pesky. If I don't get it the third time, I shall leave as is. I did received another 'repetitive' alert this morning, but only one time so far…movinmaggie

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Are you sure the password you enter was correct? (Try to log out, then log in again with that password). This is not something that you have to do, it just protects your account a bit more... It is optional.
Hi Ivar, it would not accept my original password. From my first venture into the forum, I had always just stayed signed in, so in logging out, I needed to create a new password. Perhaps the original pw was just temporary. So now all seems to be well. Thanks again

MJLatour

Camino(s) past & future
Sept (2015)
This is the first time I have ever been able to post anything on the forum (only have an iPad) and have tried a few times over past months, so whatever you did today worked out well for me!

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Santiago
2014 Ferrol -Santiago
2015 Porto -Santiago
2018 Porto -Valença
Ivar I notice on my ipad the screen is very unquiet when writing on a post
The cursor is moving all the time and after finishing it is a hard job to post.
Then in the head of the page underneath the green textfield the letters in grey are almost faded out

Albertinho

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Santiago
2014 Ferrol -Santiago
2015 Porto -Santiago
2018 Porto -Valença
A bit hard to see.

Attachments

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Wi
Ivar I notice on my ipad the screen is very unquiet when writing on a post
The cursor is moving all the time and after finishing it is a hard job to post.
Then in the head of the page underneath the green textfield the letters in grey are almost faded out
Will have a look at this... a quick fix would be to change the "Style" you use on the forum to "Default Style" (link bottom left on every page). The problem seems to be related to the style you currently use.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
Doing a complete closedown and reopening always seems to banish my gremlins.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
No, not too often. From time to time using the iPad I get "sticky" letters on the keyboard - there is a delay before the letters lighting up (as I type) and they don't immediately appear on the page. Sometimes the screen freezes too. When that happens I press and hold the home button and on/off switch together, until the apple logo appears. It always fixes it.

Albertinho

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Santiago
2014 Ferrol -Santiago
2015 Porto -Santiago
2018 Porto -Valença
Wi

Will have a look at this... a quick fix would be to change the "Style" you use on the forum to "Default Style" (link bottom left on every page). The problem seems to be related to the style you currently use.
The style I changed . A bit strange to me because I never saw the forum like this but okay will get acustomed to it.
Tack för svarar

Hälsninger

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%