• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Forum Search

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

A while back, it was mentioned how horrible bad the forum search was... I, of course knew this, and had been planning on doing something about it for a while, but never got to it.

So now, here it is... the new forum search:

When you click the link, you might ask... what is new here? This looks like the old search? Yes, it has the same look-and-feel as the old search, but the search results are much better now.

For the techies out there, what is new is that I have set up a separate server just to crawl and index the whole forum. Se we now have our own search index, a kind of mini-google, but just for Camino topics from the forum and it is controlled by me. This means I can do some more interesting things later on (like auto-complete while you type in a search term)... more on that later (probably a month or two from now).

But for now, enjoy searching the forum to find answers to your Camino Questions. And also, don't forget to browse the ever growing number of new tags that we are also working on improving here:

Happy Post-Covid-Camino-planning!
Ivar

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
So, does this mean one has to use that link rather than the little magnifying glass Search Box at the top right?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Advanced search. Scroll right on blue bar to "Search tabs". Look down page.

It is still in flux (reduction and combination of tags( but I hope Ivar can feature it more prominently once we get it cleaned up.
Thanks. I know that I recently asked basically the same question about tags, but it still hasn't sink in yet. 😜

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.