• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New guide book available

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, Ivar sells it on the Forum shop.
Anemone, many thanks for the information. I didn´t realize that Ivar sells it in the forum shop.
I highly recommend this guide. I know the german edition and Raimund told me, it´s well translated plus some new informations. I know him personally and we meet once or twice a year. He often walks the ways he writes about.

Buen camino

Rainer

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I used the English version. I thought it was excellent.

I love buying guides on the Camino - A sort of complimentary addiction that came as a bundle with the main "walking the Camino addiction" maybe.

I bought this particular one as soon as I found an english version ( as this was pretty common on the hands of so many pilgrims along the way).

Probably not the intention of the OP with this thread but I'll give my two cents anyways:

I have to say I didnt like this guide that much ( value for money and overall content). I'm not sure if the translation wasn't that good or if it just did not 'caught my full attention.

As an (similar kind of guide) alternative, I'd strongly suggest - for instance - Gerald Kelly's ( not as popular) "Walking guide to the camino de santiago History Culture Architecture from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela and Finisterre". Awesome kindle version that goes in your phone so you dont have to carry the guide.

No rambling over, just the essential necessary information, good mentioning of alternative paths and different routes, good points of interest listed, overview on the history and thats it...

BEsides, it's way much cheaper than what I paid for Raimond Joos' guide...

Last edited:
Anemone, many thanks for the information. I didn´t realize that Ivar sells it in the forum shop.
I highly recomend this guide. I know the german edition and Raimund told me, it´s well translated plus some new informations. I know him personally and we meet once or twice a year. He often walks the ways he writes about.

Buen camino

Rainer

Hi Rainer

The link to the book in the Forum shop.
https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...ntiago-finisterre-outdoor-the-way-is-the-goal

You can read the text at that PDF.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/images/outdoor-sample.pdf

I also recommend the following review of La Concha (Newsletter of the American Pilgrims on the Camino )
The entire review is to be found on the page 8
http://www.americanpilgrims.org/assets/newsletter/archived/la_concha_1607.pdf

Bon Camino!

Raimund

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.