• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New guide for Almeria - Merida

Carel5

Time of past OR future Camino
Mozarabe 2016, Francigena 2018/19, Le Puy 2022
The amigos from Almeria have made a new guide for the Camino Mozarabe between Almeria and Merida.

The guide is mainly in Spanish, but there are maps, stage profiles and phone numbers of albergues and hostals.

Here is the pdf link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y5pMfqcK4RRWZuMU5wR210Vzg/view

The site of the Almeria amigos is anyhow very useful.

There are GPS-tracks and also descriptions in several languages of the route between Almeria and Granada.

http://www.almeriajacobea.es/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The guide located on the website of the Almeria amigos is dated Mars. I suppose we can expect that they update on their website, so we can find the updated guide there further on? I can wait until October. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just back from the Mozarabe.
The route was well marked, we found our way with no problems at all using the forum resources, the various amigos guides, mundicamino, plus I had a backup of GPS tracks on an ipad. The main problems were self inflicted as usual, not enough pre camino conditioning and too much weight in the rucksack, (after 7 caminos I should know better) but at least I got the boots right, Hokka Tor Summits worked very well, but only just survived the trip.
We discovered that the hosptailarios have a network to let each other know who is on the camino, but nevertheless we phoned ahead each afternoon for the next day.
Don't underestimate this camino, it can be tough in parts, big climbs, even in early April it was hot, the tracks underfoot can be very rough at times (dry riverbeds) but on the other hand, views to die for, fantastic accomodation, a good support network and the chance to visit Almeria, Granada Cordoba and Merida!!
Regards
George

Thank you very much for this report! I am really looking forward to Almeria - Granada - and a little further in October! Your report tells me not to skip my training. I do not like it! But some August walking in the Norwegian mountains (Jotunheimen) will help, I hope. I have watched several foto-videos, and it looks great.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back