• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Guidebook for Camino Portuguese?

allisgroovey

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon to Santiago '11, Logroño to Leon '12, Porto to Santiago '14, Gubbio to Spoleto '17.
Is there or will there be a new Brierly guidebook on the Camino Portugues any time soon? Hope to walk in spring 2015. Thanks to all for the help.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Regulairy Brierley updates his guides but if not I advise to keep an eye on this forum and save the alterations which are mentioned here in a file.
Main issues actually are the opening of new albergues and the detour of the path in o Porriño .
So read back for a while and make your notes.
You still have some time

Bom caminho

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That is good news my friend. Rests the question..what changed in comparising to my 2012 issue ? The albergue chain from Mario in Santarèm, the o Porriño detour.. What else ? Do you know ?
Um abraço disso lado

Forum member Laurie Reynolds as asked for input to revise the CSJ guides from Lisbon to Porto, and from Porto to Santiago. Keep an eye on this forum to find out when they are ready.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Forum member Laurie Reynolds as asked for input to revise the CSJ guides from Lisbon to Porto, and from Porto to Santiago. Keep an eye on this forum to find out when they are ready.
Has anyone heard about this? I was going to buy the Brierly Guide when I saw this post. I plan to walk this May unless buying a house and moving to a new location might delay my CP to the Fall instead. Bom Caminho

Has anyone heard about this? I was going to buy the Brierly Guide when I saw this post. I plan to walk this May unless buying a house and moving to a new location might delay my CP to the Fall instead. Bom Caminho
Hi, Hieudovan,

I have compiled a lot of notes and comments, particularly for the Lisbon to Porto guide. I will try to get the new "edition" out in a month, but you may have to bug me if I don´t do it. But I would say that I really don´t think there are that many changes year to year that you need to worry about the differences between 2014 and 2015. (I assume you know the 2014 guides are on the Camino Resources section in the section "CSJ guides.") Are you planning to start in Lisboa? Bom caminho, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Hieudovan,

I have compiled a lot of notes and comments, particularly for the Lisbon to Porto guide. I will try to get the new "edition" out in a month, but you may have to bug me if I don´t do it. But I would say that I really don´t think there are that many changes year to year that you need to worry about the differences between 2014 and 2015. (I assume you know the 2014 guides are on the Camino Resources section in the section "CSJ guides.") Are you planning to start in Lisboa? Bom caminho, Laurie
Hi Laurie, I plan to walk from Lisboa. I also plan to visit Fatima. I have not decided on where, when and how to do the Fatima portion yet. I saw on Amazon that the new Brierly edition will be available Feb 2015 so I've pre-ordered it. I plan to look up the new albergues on the forum, especially the Lisboa-Porto section. Thanks for your contributions. I have run across your name on several forums. It is much appreciated. Bom caminho, Hieu

Is there or will there be a new Brierly guidebook on the Camino Portugues any time soon? Hope to walk in spring 2015. Thanks to all for the help.
I have ordered the 2015 edition from Barnes & Noble in the U.S. I was told the release date is 24 February.

Which is the better option the Guide book or the Map book for the Portuguese Camino?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have also just received the 2015 Brierley Camino Portugues guide this past week from Amazon. It's similar to his CF guide that I had bought, but much thinner. Since I had carried the CF guide on my walk, I think this one should not be too "heavy" to carry when I do walk the CP. As a side note, we just bought a house in Oceanside, CA and will be moving from Sacramento, CA this Spring. I guess my CP will have to wait until at least the Fall.

Here in the Netherlands you can order the Brierley Camino Portuguese guide 2015 too. Just got it from bol.com. Last year I walked the Camino Frances and hope to do the Portuguese nex year. So much looking forward to that!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back