Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Guidebook out in the middle of this pandemic

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I usually do not like to post links to my store on the forum, but John Brierley just came out with a new guidebook in the middle of the pandemic. Camino de Invienro and the Camino Sanabres. Order now, it ships Monday:

This one is for the dreamers!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I usually do not like to post links to my store on the forum, but John Brierley just came out with a new guidebook in the middle of the pandemic. Camino de Invienro and the Camino Sanabres. Order now, it ships Monday:

I’m in!

just because we can’t walk doesn’t mean we cannot plan.

I’m passing many happy hours with an electronic scale weighing stuff and figuring out how to make it lighter. (Including myself).

I’m in!

just because we can’t walk doesn’t mean we cannot plan.

I’m passing many happy hours with an electronic scale weighing stuff and figuring out how to make it lighter. (Including myself).

There is a sneaky way to lose weight! I discovered the" sweet spot" for my bathroom scales by moving them round the floor till I found the bit that reads the lowest and then marked it! That's where I stand! Starkers, in the morning, after been to the loo, AND not even my dentures in my skull! Amazing where you can lose ounces!
:)

Samarkand.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I just ordered one to take place in the caminobooksrows in my bookshelves😉. Never know when to rewalk the Invierno.

Please post more links to the store @ivar Otherwise we might miss more 'goodies' like this one! :eek:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to learn more about the Invienro and this is a perfect read whilst sat at home waiting to get back on the Camino.

Hopefully I be on the Invierno late March next year, I going to give a shout-out for the the guide that comes of this site, edited by @peregrina2000, no I have not used it but I did use in 2014 the San Salvador guide of this site, I found it to be the very best guide I have used, packed full of details and info on the options ahead, if the Invierno guide of this site is half as good then it will be exceptional.
I still like Brierley and his guides, they visually suit me, I don't need exact to scale maps or complete mapping which is a big drawback for some posters, but in this situation I will use the guide of here. Even though I'm not a regular poster on the Invierno threads I do follow them and I know the love and effort that has gone into shedding light on this Camino from regulars on the Forum.

I wish he would write a VdlP Guide. I really like the layout of his guides and the easy to read maps particularly.
I was supposed to walk the VDLP this year but, you know the rest. Looking at 2021. Since I can't walk I have spent time doing research and planning. Funny thing is I always do that and then never bring anything that I researched with me as I just know for me it is best to get up and walk and see what the day brings. It does seem like between Gronze, Wise Pilgrim and these two web pages:
There is more than enough info to find adequate and up to date information to make for a wonderful and quiet camino. And of course right here with Ivar.
My biggest decision is day 3. I will be 67 when I walk. I have learned to train a little as I get older because I now I take it slower and try to walk shorter stages to walk myself into shape. Do not know if I want to walk that 28+ day. I will probably opt to take a bus if I can part of the way to shorten the stage. Then I will let whatever happens to happen. Buen Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Great to see - the Invierno is planned to be the last leg of the camino from home but will probably not get that far until 2022 or may even 2023

I hiked the Invierno just after Easter last year. Beautifully way marked, I hardly need a guide book but had a Spanish one purchased from the Ponferrada tourist office.

I had been on the VdlP and this was a good combination.

Parador at Monforte de Lemos and excellent train museum!!

The best part was Las Medulas landscape and the supreme birdsong.
F80EB711-F205-4AB8-93DD-E67517EAA5EB.jpeg720614D4-7DA2-4D6A-8C24-76775B579589.jpeg8B412740-7CAA-4355-A61D-BA9BB08F1CB9.jpegA74F5719-ED39-4CDD-ADED-F57A3EABD387.jpegB82BD9EB-E919-47C5-8B2E-ADEB9B539F04.jpeg52C1BE76-6FC1-45DA-89B4-CF279BF03FD7.jpeg

I don't need a guide, the route is waymarked quite well but I have seen little detours to visit places or more panoramic alternatives talked up so well by the regulars that I will take the guide of here to give me the option of visiting them.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I don't need a guide, the route is waymarked quite well but I have seen little detours to visit places or more panoramic alternatives talked up so well by the regulars that I will take the guide of here to give me the option of visiting them.
There is an amazing amount of incredibly useful information about the Camino de Invierno in this forum, starting with the guide. Those of us who have walked this marvellous route have always done our best to provide up-to-date news.

I doubt very much whether there is a better resource for the Camino de Invierno than this forum.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my guidebook.....it will be a long, dark, cold winter in Ottawa so why not study the Camino “Invierno”?

I love his guidebooks! Thanks for sharing.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back