• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New guidebook. Voie des Piémonts

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You're the best, Kiwi.

We're supposed to do some more Fracigena this spring, but that route has been calling me for awhile, and if the long term forcast is cold, we may just stay south and do that one

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would have ordered this book as soon as I saw it, except coming from New Zealand the whole order process was more complex. Might wait until it appears on Amazon- especially since it is likely to be more than two years before I get to walk in Europe again...
Margaret

Thank you for the link. This route (like so many others) is already on my list and it's good to know there's a new guidebook out.

I was interested to see that the book starts in Montpellier. The other information I have has the route starting in Narbonne. A Montpellier start links it in nicely with the via Tolosana which goes through Montpellier.

Here's a very good French website with stage details, photo, profiles etc. It starts in Narbonne Plage, and joins the route in that guidebook in Carcassonne. I'd be inclined to follow this route based on the pictures, and the fact that Narbonne is nice town.

I stuck all the stages together from their GPS data and made a Google Earth/Map file which I will attach.

http://vppyr.free.fr/vpp-index-etapes.php

Attachments

• Piedmont onetrack.kmz
    34.9 KB · Views: 66
A selection of Camino Jewellery
newfydog said:
I stuck all the stages together from their GPS data and made a Google Earth/Map file which I will attach.
That is brilliant! I'm familiar with the vppyr website but you've made the route come alive :D

I agree that Narbonne is worth visiting. A couple of years ago I stayed in Narbonne before walking the Sentier Cathare which starts from Narbonne Plage. However, I love Montpellier and would welcome any excuse to return there.

Yeah, I get those routes, start looking at the photos, the streetview crossings and pretty soon I'm up half the night!

That particular book seems to be removed or sold out, but there are a lot of other interesting guides on that site. Very handy link.

Nomad, you're starting to get nomadic ideas again. I can tell.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh the link doesn't work anymore- might have to go to the general website for the publisher. No, it's a brand new guide Robert- they were just advertising for pre-orders, and I think the book was going to be released in February.
I always have nomadic ideas, but need to stay put and actually do a few necessary things to my house first!
Margaret

PS am attaching a screen grab off their Facebook page of the special offer. Book due in Feb.

Attachments

• piemont book.png
    piemont book.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 1,102
julie said:
However, I love Montpellier and would welcome any excuse to return there.

Yeah, Montpellier is the birthplace of San Roch. We go in every cathedral to collect photos of San Roch's dog, and the absolute finest on any camino or chemim can be found there.

Attachments

• montpdog.JPG
    montpdog.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 932
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
OK, I ordered the guidebook. This may be the next route!

last year in july the part from montpellier to narbonne has not yet been waymarked. there were plans for some accommodation, I know that in st thibery a messieur was setting up a room for pilgrims, but it wasn't yet ready when I was there. I asked in mairie and they accommodated me in a room of an empty appartment of a former school (I think).
in beziers the accommodation I got info for didn't accept pilgrims (foyer claparede). however, if there is room, pilgrims are accepted in foyer montibel which is smack in the old town. I stayed in hotel confort a block from the tourist office for €35 and got a free breakfast (which the very nice lady owner offers to pilgrims and hikers) - this is the cheapest hotel in the centre.
in coursan pilgrims can be accommodated in paroisse, but I couldn't get through on the phone.
centre international de sejour in narbonne is very nice, and narbonne certainly merits a day's rest.

it will be great when the link from montpellier to narbonne will be set and ready, this was, after all, the original roman and medieval route.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back