Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

New kit, forest and old cityscape

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I’m not exactly sure why I crocheted a tree yesterday, but soon a forest appeared and I got out an old embroidered city scene I made for the kids years ago and my husband’s playmobil figures......who needed a backpack and winter woolies.....I found a blue “lake” and now I’m making some mountains! My mind is wondering about making some other camino things - hay stacks, villages with a church, mojones...2907E3EC-DA7D-422E-A840-AC46CC872CD4.jpeg8236ED4A-9990-4806-A9AE-E07FD04ACB80.jpeg694B04BA-6591-4E36-8F03-92B88EFE2BA6.jpegCA6CBCA3-D3BF-4F68-AB50-521635F8D923.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Ponferrada - Santiago (2013)
Porto to Santiago (2015)
Lugo to Finisterre (2017)
Porto Coastal (2019)
I’m not exactly sure why I crocheted a tree yesterday, but soon a forest appeared and I got out an old embroidered city scene I made for the kids years ago and my husband’s playmobil figures......who needed a backpack and winter woolies.....I found a blue “lake” and now I’m making some mountains! My mind is wondering about making some other camino things - hay stacks, villages with a church, mojones...View attachment 82500View attachment 82501View attachment 82502View attachment 82503
Great imagination. Brilliant.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
FDD255FD-62C9-4176-9C8D-57FB14509989.jpeg
Camino de Madrid - we’ve come over the pass, down through Segovia and now we’re about to enter the forest....
16C671E3-4F82-421A-8621-C7ADBD7E1C5D.jpeg

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
I've been a bit concerned about my ability to cross that mountain pass on the Camino Madrid when the time comes.
But if those pilgrims can do it then surely I can!
Thank you
Gerard

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@gerardcarey i actually need to make another mountain to create a pass but I’m busy making a sleeping bag (and a sleeping mat to be left in the albergue donation box)
I’ll do the mountain this weekend when we (appropriately) go down to Ruapehu. I’m planning a conical Ngauruhoe too!

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
@gerardcarey i actually need to make another mountain to create a pass but I’m busy making a sleeping bag (and a sleeping mat to be left in the albergue donation box)
I’ll do the mountain this weekend when we (appropriately) go down to Ruapehu. I’m planning a conical Ngauruhoe too!
I'm really ashamed to say that I have never walked the Tongariro Crossing. Really ashamed. I came from Wanganui, have paddled the Wanganui 5 times, skied Ruapehu I don't know how many times, and lived in Turangi for 3 years, and holidayed I don't know how many times in the Taupo area.
Call myself a hiker.
I'm ashamed.
Gerard

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Oh @gerardcarey don’t be ashamed - but do consider this to be a good reason to return to NZ! Just imagine - we could organise for Camino veterans to do the Round the Mountain hike - that takes in the Tongariro Crossing (which is spectacular) and adds another three or four days. Of course there are no bars and no question about “if” we will need sleeping bags (we will - and can take tents if we don’t want to use the huts).....
Then you will no longer carry shame, but some wonderful memories instead!!

Last edited:

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
I walked the Round the Mountain Track in 2014, the year before I walked my first camino. But I chose not to walk the Tongariru Crossing, which was busier than the Frances after Sarria: pretty much body to body, from the photos which I saw when I was there. On my last night, I didn't make it to the hut and spent a wonderful cloudless night on the mountainside, dozing, then waking to watch the southern stars.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock