A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

New KML/GPX downloadpage (e.g. for Maps.me) with all camino's and accomodation

2020 Camino Guides

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
'Het Nederlands Genootschap van Sint Jacob - NGSJ' (The Dutch Confraternity of Saint James) has a new downloadpage with many KML/GPX files. These files can be used in smartphones apps like Maps.me, but also in devices like Garmin.

The URL: https://www.santiago.nl/downloads

All these files go in both KML/KMZ- and in GPX format.
Having a smartphone but don't know what app to use and how to download these files? Don't worry, on the downloadpage there is a manual available in English (and Dutch too if you wish...!) The direct link is: https://www.santiago.nl/smartphone-on-the-camino

There are two types of these files.
First there are 'route files'. For each county there is a file with (nearly) alle camino's of that country in it.

Second there are the 'accommodation files'. These files downloaded into your smartphone gives you the exact location and information of sleeping acco's. Not many Spanish Camino's are covered yet, but Belgium is, as well main routes in France and recently also the Portugese Coastal route (in cooperation with Cristian Pfeiffer Jensen) and the Spanish Camino Invierno. Later on, more Spanish files might be developed, the focus will be on routes for which it is difficult to find information yet. The Portugese file is in English, the other ones are in Dutch. But most of it can be internationally understood.
There are different files specialized for different apps, but also available in PDF. There will be regular updates.

The download page is in Dutch, but on the right you see a (google) translate link.

All these files are developed by 'Het Nederlands Genootschap van Sint Jacob', for any Pilgrim to use, for free.

If you have any feedback, or additional information, please mail to: buiten@santiago.nl

Buen Camino y buenas noches!

Last edited:

kaixo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
Camino del Norte 2012
Geneva/Le Puy/SJPP/Bilbao 2015
Prague/Geneva ?
Perhaps you know the answer to this maps.me question.
Does maps.me record a map and stats of my daily trip, like say Strava?

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
No, unfortunately it doesn't. :(
There are other apps who do this, but not maps.
To track my route I used runkeeper simultaneously, but on my last camino I used GPSies for this.

Hope this helps.
Buen camino!

ValeSolar

Camino(s) past & future
I'm planning to do French Camino
Thanks you for the information. I was looking for the french route for maps.me

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks you for the information. I was looking for the french route for maps.me
You have now it with all the variants in too. And also all other camino´s... :cool:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 52 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 185 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 297 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 349 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 149 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock