A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

New Lana guide in English

Camino(s) past & future
Via Podiensis 2002, Camino Frances 2003, 2004, 2008, 2012, Via de La Plata 2005, 2006. 2013, Camino Ingles 2013, Camino de Madrid 2008, Camino Salvador 2008, Camino del Norte 2010, Camino de Levante 2012,
Camino Mozarabe 2015, Camino Salvador 2015, Camino Primitivo 2015
At last it's finished. I hope this guide, written after completing this incredible Camino in October 2018, will help others who are thinking about walking the Lana. It was a wonderful experience and the infrastructure is there! Strongly recommended. It seems that I can't upload this file for some reason! Please email me on kfobrien@online.no and I will send it to you directly.

Camino(s) past & future
Via Podiensis 2002, Camino Frances 2003, 2004, 2008, 2012, Via de La Plata 2005, 2006. 2013, Camino Ingles 2013, Camino de Madrid 2008, Camino Salvador 2008, Camino del Norte 2010, Camino de Levante 2012,
Trying again to uppload. This time With PDF. Uploaded! Thanks Bostjan!

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
At last it's finished. I hope this guide, written after completing this incredible Camino in October 2018, will help others who are thinking about walking the Lana. It was a wonderful experience and the infrastructure is there! Strongly recommended. It seems that I can't upload this file for some reason! Please email me on kfobrien@online.no and I will send it to you directly.
The file is now uploaded thanks to some help! Scroll Down. It'´s in PDF format.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
You might always want to consider to upload it to the resources section here, threads disappear over time, the resources stay ;-) BC SY

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
No sweat, Kevin!

@SYates is right, it's better to be uploaded to Resources section but anyone can do it now when the file is .pdf. It's just a nice thing to wait for you to do it because of all the work you put in it. You have to take some credit :)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 15,Portuguese 16,Finisterre Muxia 16,Ingles16,, Almeria to Muxia,Finesterre 18
Thank you ,Kevin,,for another wonderful guide ,,,already into the phone !!!!! hopefully to use sometime soonish !!

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Two and a half weeks ago I returned from my latest camino and was secretly wondering where I might walk next. Ruta de la Lana was not in my sights at all but after the past week seeing lots of wonderful posts I have been drawn more and more to it. Now my dilemma is whether I go on my own (which I'd love to do) or bring my youngest two girls along too (they would prefer a "busy" camino, but not a touristy one - they're getting fussy! But they have conceded that walking a less pilgrimmed one would increase the likelihood of them speaking Spanish which they were just starting to get confident with on our latest walk)
Little to no chance of hubby coming too as I'm currently scheming to get him to Spain for a cycling camino with his best-friend-since-childhood who now lives in another country. He won't have enough leave (or money - haha) for two trips!
Now to read the guide;-)

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
One question for any of you Lana walkers. Is there an albergue in Las Inviernas? (between TRILLO and SIGÜENZA) I saw a report of someone staying there, but when I search online I cannot find any information.

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
Thank you, Kevin for creating this guide. This route has been on my radar screen for awhile and now seems more accessible.

A few questions.... did you run into any other pilgrims? Any issues with property owners denying access to the route? How fluent are you in Spanish?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Camino(s) past & future
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17)
Camino Portuguese - April ('19)
Appreciate you sharing all the information gathered. There is something very
intoxicating about walking across beautiful countryside whether alone or with fellow
pilgrims. The herding bells are always a welcome sound when walking. Makes me feel less alone. Time to get out a map to see just where the "Lana" is. Sincerest thanks for
this gift!

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you Sally for those kind words. I hope you will get a chance to have a walk there someday. Best. Kevin

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
One question for any of you Lana walkers. Is there an albergue in Las Inviernas? (between TRILLO and SIGÜENZA) I saw a report of someone staying there, but when I search online I cannot find any information.
There is "kind of" a place to stay in Las Inviernas. The Asosiación says "acogida no garantizada" so you can't count on it. It is a "local municipal" (could be anything) on: Pza. Mayor, s/n (Ayuntam.) 949817455 (Ayuntam.)

But between Trillo and Sigüenza you have Mandayona with a simple accomodation provided by the Ayuntamineto (perhaps as basic as in Las Inviernas). I stayed in a casa rural in Mandayona. Very expensive (some 55 euros) but this year in the Spanish guide it is listed as 30 euros??

I remember in an earlier guide that one should phone the Ayuntamiento in Mandayona at least three days (!) in advance to be sure to get access to the albergue.

OK, I don't know if my rambling help you...

Take care!

BP

Last edited:

Magwood

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (15 April 2013)
Camino Portuguese (1 May 2014)
Camino Mozárabe from Málaga (8 April 2015)
Camino del Norte & Camino Ingles (April 2016)
Thank you Kevin. This will be so useful in my planning for next year's camino.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%