• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Library in Barcelinhos - Camiño Português

Diogo92

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C. Português 2013, 2014
C. de Fátima 2014
C. do Salnés 2015
The village of Barcelinhos, right near from Barcelos, inaugurated this week a mini-library inside an old English Phone-Booth. Located just in front of the River Cávado, you can find newspapers, books, magazines and free internet service (Wi-Fi).

barcelinhos.jpg.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
This re-use of a old booth now newly packed with info seems like a practical idea. Is there enough interior space to sit for a weary pilgrim to rest and read?

Hello mspath

Well I do not think so, because has you can see in the photo, it’s really an old booth. They are integrating a door bell system, since the library it’s located very near from there, so the librarian could go there and help you out.

Other thing that they are trying to do, it’s to introduce this work into the community, picking regular people who live near there that have free time to work has a volunteer in this library.

You can rest on those lovely benches that you see over there. I know that in rainy days it could turn out to be not very comfortable, but hey, it’s something,

Once I get more information’s, I’ll post them in here.

My route for the Porto to SdC passes through here, so I’ll try to see how everything is. In the meanwhile, I ask to the pilgrims that pass near from the booth, to take a look and say something here in the Forum about it ;)

Best regards
Diogo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.