• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Maps for Templar Trail to Jerusalem

pelegrinotrek

I had the privilege of re-blazing the Templar Trail to Jerusalem in 2006. This 2600 mile pilgrimage leads from Dijon, France through eleven countries and two continents, following much of what was once the route of the First Crusades. It was interesting and ironic to walk what was once a way of war while helping to transform it into a path of peace.

My book about the pilgrimage, Along the Templar Trail, was recently released. Today, I'm happy to announce that the book's route maps and stages are now available for free at:
Link removed due to security concerns

My sincere hope is that other pilgrims will discover this path, as well as the fellowship and peace found in the simple act of walking a pilgrimage trail.

Ultreya,

Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I had the privilege of re-blazing the Templar Trail to Jerusalem in 2006. This 2600 mile pilgrimage leads from Dijon, France through eleven countries and two continents, following much of what was once the route of the First Crusades. It was interesting and ironic to walk what was once a way of war while helping to transform it into a path of peace.

My book about the pilgrimage, Along the Templar Trail, was recently released. Today, I'm happy to announce that the book's route maps and stages are now available for free at:
Old link removed

My sincere hope is that other pilgrims will discover this path, as well as the fellowship and peace found in the simple act of walking a pilgrimage trail.

Ultreya,

Brandon
Hello,
I was looking for the route an stage for the way to Jerusalem and the link you have up goes to a dead page about soil for wine an not the route advice I was searching for! Any chance you have an updated page I could use as I plan on leaving for Italy the beginning on May an plan to start walking to Jerusalem after my Via Francigena route is over! Please thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what pops up..no maps:(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230427_125946_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427_125946_Firefox.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 7
A selection of Camino Jewellery
According to the article, wine from the US is not authentic. So what defines authenticity if US wine is not authentic wine?

Yeah I was looking for the Route to Jerusalem but who know wine wasn't really wine!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No Worries I leave in May to go rewalk Via Francigena w/my mother so I'll have some time to figure the route out ! But any info would be greatly appreciated, other wise I'll have to follow the coast! Please help ,thanks

No Worries I leave in May to go rewalk Via Francigena w/my mother so I'll have some time to figure the route out ! But any info would be greatly appreciated, other wise I'll have to follow the coast! Please help ,thanks
There is a facebook page for the Templar Trail, https://www.facebook.com/TemplarTrail/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you are looking to extend the Francigena, you'll be in the wrong place to try the Templar Trail (which doesn't appear to exist other than the author's mind)

Have a look at the postings of @timr and his trip through Italy, Albania and Greece (Via Engatia). And if you are looking for pilgrim trails in Turkey, check this site for the Sufi Trail.

Also the ferries from Turkey go to northern Cyprus which is in a disputed area, though apparently safe. Safer than Syria.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you are looking to extend the Francigena, you'll be in the wrong place to try the Templar Trail (which doesn't appear to exist other than the author's mind)
The route looks very similar to a portion of the Mediaeval and Renaissance to 17th & 18th Century Grand Tour -- which in addition to this route encompassed Paris, Egypt, southern Greece via Malta and Cyprus, then Italy and Rome on the return leg, through the South of France towards Fisterra via Santiago of course, and various optional routes in the Iberian Peninsula, then a more practical journey home.

The Petit Tour eschewed Spain and went towards Jerusalem and Egypt via Rome and Byzantium/Constantinople/Istanbul, and went by ship between Italy and Greece, then also from Greece > Malta > Cyprus > Israel.

These were not religious pilgrimages, though they usually had a religious component, nor were they walking routes. Both the Grand and the Petit Tours involved spending a lot of time in Italy.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.