• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New movie about The Camino! Filming starts today (23 Sept) in Santiago

Olivares

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
According to local news, a German film company started filming today the scenes in Santiago for a movie based on the popular travelogue written by the German comedian Hape Kerkeling of his pilgrimage on the Camino Frances. The film company was encouraged by the success of the American film "The Way" and has already filmed scenes in the other regions. In 2008, the author was awarded the Bestseller Author of the Year for his travelogue (Ich bin dann mal weg: meine Reise auf dem Jakobsweg (in German)), which sold more than a million copies.
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/santi...camino/idEdicion-2014-09-21/idNoticia-891127/

The film crew will be asking for extras among Pilgrims at locations :p; Filming scenes at Office of the Pilgrims, Plaza del Obradorio, Cathedral, and on to Finisterre.

Sounds like fun!! IVAR-- we want to see you on film!! :D

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Considering the international make up of the Forum and our intimate relationship on all things Camino: we have Ivar the Concept Man, Johnnie Walker the Pilgrim Navigator, Laurie of the Many Miles, Al the Optomist, Sil the Writer, Rebecca and Paddy Wizards of the Peaceable Kingdom, Sagalouts the Reluctant Pilgrim, David a Man for All Reasons, William the Wize. Gosh, the list goes on.
Care to add a few of your own?
Casting Call!!! Casting Call!!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Considering the international make up of the Forum and our intimate relationship on all things Camino: we have Ivar the Concept Man, Johnnie Walker the Pilgrim Navigator, Laurie of the Many Miles, Al the Optomist, Sil the Writer, Rebecca and Paddy Wizards of the Peaceable Kingdom, Sagalouts the Reluctant Pilgrim, David a Man for All Reasons, William the Wize. Gosh, the list goes on.
Care to add a few of your own?
Casting Call!!! Casting Call!!!

Arn, son of Thor!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was in Santiago on 24 Sep 2014 and watched the shooting of the film in Praza da Quintana outside the Cathedral. Saw Hape Kerkeling (who was very big) and yes they did call on pilgrims to participate as extras in some scenes. Enjoyed the moment and waiting for the film to be released.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And the Oscar for "Best Supporting Forum Member" goes to pilgrim b! :D

See you all at the catering truck! I hope they'll be doing Peppers Padron, Pulpo, and of course, Tarta de Santiago ! The life of an 'extra' DOES have its benefits ! ;)

JennyH94 thank you Jenny it would never been possible without those many stars already mentioned allowing me to support them.Also my manager Ivar Rekve, my moderators Arn , grayland Jirit LTfit ,Tincatinker Whalleyranger wayfarer and William Marques they "Forum directed" brilliantly!!
I would also like to thank all the Forum sponsors without who this award would never have been possible. Also peregrina b for putting up with my hours on the key board,( sob, voice breaking up,) and for all my camino tribe, who I will always liked like like like likelikelikelikelike......…(sob sob) thank you so much god bless you all :rolleyes: Kisses Oscar:p

Last edited:
JennyH94 thank you Jenny it would never been possible without those many stars already mentioned allowing me to support them.Also my manager Ivar Rekve, my moderators Arn , grayland Jirit LTfit ,Tincatinker Whalleyranger wayfarer and William Marques they "Forum directed" brilliantly!!
I would also like to thank all the Forum sponsors without who this award would never have been possible. Also peregrina b for putting up with my hours on the key board,( sob, voice breaking up,) and for all my camino tribe, who I will always liked like like like likelikelikelikelike......…(sob sob) thank you so much god bless you all :rolleyes: Kisses Oscar:p

Congratulations b ! Your post is worthy of another Oscar ! Here it is !

Cheers to you and peregrina b ! We'll all be watching out for you on the red carpet ! :D

We were in O Cebreiro and were very gently shooed out of the way (or rather The Way) for filming. My camino co-walker Lynn desperately wanted clean and dry clothes and might be seen in the finished film dashing determinedly across the road regardless, clutching the laundry bag! :D

We saw them already folming jn StJPDP on sept 3rd. We are in Sarria now! Santiago next week wednesday!

Was in Santiago on the 27th but saw no-one filming. Was there as a tourist not a pilgrim this time lol. One of those touregrinos of the morning cruise ship lol. Next spring on foot though

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back