• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New photo-video Almeria - Granada

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
Here comes my photo-video, from our walk late October from Almeria to Granada. It was an excellent Camino in many ways, and the friends in Almeria are excellent too! If anybody has questions about new things connected to this Camino, maybe I can answer.
For more photo-videos, see my channel:

Bjorg

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am not a person who is prone to making effusive statements and showing a lot of excitement. However....

This video is absolutely excellent! :D:D And I am suddenly really excited/animated about going in April! I am going to bookmark this and I look forward to the continuation.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Here comes my last foto-video from our walk late October from Almeria to Granada. It was an excellent Camino in many ways, and the friends in Almeria are excellent too! If anybody has questions about new things connected to this Camino, maybe I can answer.

Bjorg
Wonderful video....loved it
Thank you for sharing this with us
Best wishes
Annette

Here comes my last foto-video from our walk late October from Almeria to Granada. It was an excellent Camino in many ways, and the friends in Almeria are excellent too! If anybody has questions about new things connected to this Camino, maybe I can answer.

Bjorg
Thank you.... just woke up. .what a great way to start my day!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you. Watched it in full, on a miserable Sunday afternoon in Dublin! Cheered me up

3 questions?

1. Was the route generally well marked?
  2. How many days did you walk?
  3. If you used a Guidebook, which one?

Thank again Donal

The route was very well marked. You have some alternatives on some places, but no problems finding our way.
We walked nine days. You can do it in less days, but we try to avoid days with very much more than 30 km, and then you must split up in som short distances from time to time.
No guide book. We used the excellent material from the assosiation in Almeria, which you find here: http://www.almeriajacobea.es/

Last edited:

Bjorg
Thank you for sharing your amazing photos and journey - I love your looking back shots - we so often forget to do that - I will walking this route in April!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Bjorg
great video ,,,, thank you ,,,, only a little lees than 8 weeks and i should be there ,,walking !!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you to you all! It is nice to hear that you like my video. Since I have been so positive, maybe I should mention one thing that might be frustrating for someone: There are quite many distances of walking in more or less stony, dry riverbeds the first days. Especially the day we ended up in Abla, if I remember right. We didn´t bother. We are used to walking in Norwegian mountains. :)

Last edited:
Doing Camino Mozárabe -> Via de la plata -> Camino Sanabrés is definitely on my to-do list for a very slow walk, with stops for just about everything interesting - especially Alhambra. Most likely spread across several one or two week segments.

Den der ager med stude, kommer også frem

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to see Alhambra, and you prefer not to join a queue at a very early hour, you should reserve tickets many weeks (months) in advance. This makes it a bit tricky for pilgrims who are not sure of their exact date of arrival.
As a data point - In early October I joined the queue to buy tickets on the day at about 6:45AM but this was too late. (Fortunately, two Dutch pilgrims recognised me from the Camino. They were about 30 minutes earlier than me and they were able to get me a ticket to see everything except the Nasrid Palaces - tickets for Nasrid were gone by the time they got to the booth). The gentleman behind me in the queue had failed on two consecutive days to get tickets. He spent five or six hours standing in a queue with no reward for his effort ... most upsetting.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lovely video with beautiful photos and gorgeous, appropriate music. Thanks bjorts for sharing. I love the early morning shots... reminds me to get up earlier.

A good thing walking in late October, is that you don't have to start that early to get that sort of morning light.:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi @bjorgts
- Thankyou . I have been looking at YouTube videos and hadn’t found a lot in English. I did not expect (with your name )., that the captions would be in English and I was really impressed with the photo selection. I then recalled your name on the forum and voila !! The same. Another bonus was seeing that you started in Almería in late October. So I get a rough idea of what that looked like in 2017. I’m planning to start from Almería about 28th October this year?(2022) and hope to walk to Mérida. Your video shows the type of climbs and descents to expect/ so I can go with my eyes open.

Terrific video. I also looked at the additional one from Granada to cordoba.

Again Thank-you ., it was much appreciated and enjoyed.

Annie

Hi @bjorgts
- Thankyou . I have been looking at YouTube videos and hadn’t found a lot in English. I did not expect (with your name )., that the captions would be in English and I was really impressed with the photo selection. I then recalled your name on the forum and voila !! The same. Another bonus was seeing that you started in Almería in late October. So I get a rough idea of what that looked like in 2017. I’m planning to start from Almería about 28th October this year?(2022) and hope to walk to Mérida. Your video shows the type of climbs and descents to expect/ so I can go with my eyes open.

Terrific video. I also looked at the additional one from Granada to cordoba.

Again Thank-you ., it was much appreciated and enjoyed.

Annie
Thank you for your positive words! We started in Almeria October 18, came to Granada October 26, and stopped in Baena on October 31. We were a bit worried about the weather and the temperature, but were very lucky on that autumn walk. Other years we have not been so lucky. Snow in Cuenca on October 28 in 2018, and wind, rain and low temperature when we came to La Roda October 30 last autumn. So of course you take a chance when you walk that late, but you may be lucky as we were from Almeria. I wish you buen camino!
We will walk Camino Catalan from El Port de la Selva to Montserrat this October.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back