• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new pilgrim planning for mid may/June

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum Alan. The answer here might depend on which Camino you are thinking of walking; where you intend to start etc.
Buen Camino

I was thinking of the starting at St Jean Pied De Port. I was planning a mid May start. I'm hoping the weather is cooler and there isn't a crowd then.

Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have walked mid May to June along the Francés on a couple of occasions. You can expect everything from heavy rain to sunburn. I have frozen at O Cebreiro in late May in 1998 and sweated buckets the same route, same time in 2004.

I doubt if you will get snow over the Pyernees but you might pass pockets of it still lying on the ground as I did in 2004.

The good news is that many of us keep coming back for more, so the conditions can be well coped with as long as you prepare yourself and equipment properly.

Check out the equipment FAQ's and the Weather forum.

Personally I prefer this time of year as the weather is mostly favourable for walking. The bed bugs have not normally started their activity and you should not have too much trouble finding a bed.

Go for it.

Alan,...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2012!

Methodist Pilgrim and Tia Valeria have provided good info and asked the right questions.

Consider checking the Camino FAQ and the SEARCH tab at the top right.

Also, the Class of 2012 thread that will provide you with same valuable info for your Camino and a look at whom may be on the CF at the same time.

Buen Camino

Arn

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Can someone please describe the difference between the Wise Pilgrim print edition, the kindle edition, and the app for the Camino Primitivo? I mean up-to-date info, ease of use, etc. If I got the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back