• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Pilgrim Welcome Office

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There had been talk of it, good to see it has come to pass. I received photos from one of the locals today too, of the hotel in all its swankiness. I wonder how late in the year the office will stay open, it doesn't say.. I hope to get a chance to check it out in late October when I'm next in Canfranc.IMG-20230221-WA0011.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Will do @Flog I’ll be very happy to have the opportunity give my euros generously to the donativo, but can also put aside some for an apero at a swanky establishment. Don’t know what, if anything, that says about my ‘pilgrim-ness’ but there it is.

If I’m lucky enough to be in Canfranc in May, as we hope, I will definitely report back. This is me across the road from the now renovated hotel, back in October 2019. 😎

Attachments

• D4991DF4-606E-4692-8501-D007D639F00D.jpeg
    D4991DF4-606E-4692-8501-D007D639F00D.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This is wonderful news for a wonderful camino. I would have loved to check it out before starting. Finding out when the bus leaves for Somport. Hopefully getting some good information on how to get up to the Monastery in San Juan de la Pena. Of course any updates on albergue closures along the way and any other information that is new and that the Pilgrim needs to know. This is a great route and I know this will help.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back