Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

New Pilgrims' Office

Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

annakappa

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Incredible that the road is still closed. It was like that when we walked past in June. I'm sure that all the inhabitants and businesses on that street must be well and truly fed up! The new building looks great, but has also taken ages to complete!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Interesting point, Anna. I was on this street with a Spanish lawyer and he told me that the business owners are actually compensated for their decrease in business during the time the roadworks are going on. But the poor residents, if there are any remaining on that street, just have to suck it up and put up with it. And the noise level was pretty high when I was there, though they did take a nice long break at lunch time so we could eat in peace.

annakappa

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Interesting point, Anna. I was on this street with a Spanish lawyer and he told me that the business owners are actually compensated for their decrease in business during the time the roadworks are going on. But the poor residents, if there are any remaining on that street, just have to suck it up and put up with it. And the noise level was pretty high when I was there, though they did take a nice long break at lunch time so we could eat in peace.
And the dust! ( well dust when the weather is dry)! Looks like the road still hasn't been surfaced yet! Well, I'm glad that at least the businesses have received compensation!

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated